Search results

1. M

Keeping A Mandarin

I've always loved Blue Mandarins. My question would be how hard wouldn't be to keep one? Are they a lot of work? I've heard they are hard to get to eat but some people don't have problems. Just wanted to hear what you guys thought. Sent from my iPad on the touch app thingy.
  2. M

Choosing Corals, do's and dont's?

Hey guys. I really need help when it comes to corals. I don't know how to care for them or which is best to choose. Also, due to my light quality. I'm not sure if I can do corals (10,000k White Bulb). I'd really appreciate it! And if anyone has a fluorescent fixture that holds two bulbs, I would...
  3. M

Keeping ONE Clown

Every time I think of Clownfish I picture a pair, most people keep them in pairs and I've seen most stores sell them in them too. I really want Black Ocellaris but they aren't the cheapest around. So I figured I could get one, it also came to mind that this would give me a little more freedom in...
  4. M

Glass Lid

Does anyone dislike these, this is what I have had since day one but am starting to hear negative things about them. My temp is always 76-77 degrees, I leave an air stone running at all times to keep oxygenating the water, and its tight fitting for jumpers. I love it but I do not know if I...
  5. M

Best Type of Goby or Blenny!

Hey DFWMAS! Wanted to see what everyones favorite one was? I'd have to say mine is probably the Firefish. On another hand, I have recently heard about Engineer gobies. (As a side topic- Can someone please give me some info on these guys and if they can be in a 40b). So, cant wait to hear your...
  6. M

Few Questions...

Hey guys! If you haven't noticed I post lots of forums about stock listings. But what I noticed is that I am usually not specific enough. And recently may tank was wiped out so I am starting from square 1, I have a few options in mind and want to see what you guys would do. I have a 40b and...
  7. M

Marine Eels

I have a 40b and have recently started researching eels. I was wondering if anyone has kept a fish safe eel successfully in a 40b. And if you have, where I would go about to find one.
  8. M

Stock Okay?

My grandfather has recently purchased a 125g to futher venture into the marine world. He has come up with this list of fish: Picasso Trigger, 2 LionFish , a Sail Fin Tang, Yellow and Blue hippo tang, Pair of Clarkii Clownfish, Porcupine puffer, Koran Angel, and Snowflake Moray Eel Would this...
  9. M

Puffers

I have a 40 breeder and have a long while for fish planning. I love puffers but I dont know which will live happily in my aquarium. Anyone know of one I can keep?
  10. M

Interesting Marine Inverts

What are some interesting marine inverts for beginners? I saw some Sea Cucumbers but don't know anything about them. Maybe a Starfish? Looking for ways to "spice" up my tank once its built back up again! Thanks
  11. M

My Learning Experience: 40b Build Log

Some of you know that I had run into a problem with my 40 breeder and had to "start over". Some type of parasite over took my pair of Ocellaris Clownfish and my Royal Gramma. So after a long hard week of endless thinking, my plan has finally come together. I am doing it RIGHT this time. In a...
  12. M

Lighting Question. Will it work?

Okay, the link below takes you to an LED light that I have recently stumbled upon. Right now I have a 36 inch Fluorescent light (Standard White, Not sure how many watts) on my forty gallon (at the moment) FOWLER. I can't even think about corals until I get the right lighting fixture. So, take a...
  13. M

QT Set Up

Hey Guys! Just looking for a basic QT list of set up instructions. Thanks
  14. M

Ich Wins!

Gramma died this morning from the ich. He was not eating, therefore he couldn't fight back but what was odd is the fact that I found him in a cave with his back fin torn off and his face half eaten. Does ich eat their hosts? I really dont know what happened to him. Can't find the rest of his...
  15. M

First Time Dealing With Ich!

I am so scared. Recently I ourchased a pair of Ocellaris clowns and picked them out carefuly. I am afraid they have Ich. No signs (White Dots) yet but they are rubbing face in sand, no rock just sand. But My royal gramma never did that until clowns came and started. Is ich contagious? My Gramma...
  16. M

Clownfish Question

Yesterday, for the first time, I went to Dallas North. It was so coool! Great selection of livestock and corals. Had tons of supplies to, not to mention the huge Leather in their show room! But I picked up a pair of Ocellaris clowns. Doing great, eating too. They were tank rasied as well. My...
  17. M

General Damsel Fish Question

I have a generic damselfish question. This is just one of the possibilities in my mind right now. I have a full grown Gramma in my tank and soon I will be picking up a pair of Cinnamon clownfish. I am not sure what to do after that though. I was browsing through damselfish on liveaquaria for fun...
  18. M

Stock Question.

With the realization that the cinnamon clownfish I will be getting will probably breed, I need to know a fish that can hold its own. Right now I have a gramma and plan on getting a dwarf angel (Probably the Cherub angelfish). I know these two fish will have no problem defending themselves...
  19. M

Anthias Selection?

Anthias by far are one of the best looking saltwater fish out there! I have been looking into them and wanted to ask you if any type of species can be housed in a 40 breeder. I have a Royal Gramma now and plan on getting 2 Cinnamon Clownfish next week. I want to keep one type of Anthias as well...
  20. M

Scissortail Dartfish (Aka Goby)

In my build log I recently posted that my first fish was going to be this dartfish. I know pretty much everything I need to know about them (Due to 4-6 hours of studying). I am only keeping one, but I know people usually get them in groups. I wanted to know if anyone has or had experience with...