Few Questions...

Hey guys! If you haven't noticed I post lots of forums about stock listings. But what I noticed is that I am usually not specific enough. And recently may tank was wiped out so I am starting from square 1, I have a few options in mind and want to see what you guys would do. I have a 40b and would like community or semi-aggressive tankmates, Must be reef-safe, want medium to large size fish, fish that are not the "usual" (such as a pair of ocellaris, although I wouldn't mind having these), and I would like fish with a great personality! Comments would be appreciated and Thanks in advance!

What I meant was that I didn't want the smaller types of fish that are availible. I want the medium - largest types of fish that I can put in a 40b. Does that make sense? And that brings me back to my first post.... I would appreciate listings!

I think this might help you out - http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74703

@M@! wrote:
I think this might help you out - http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74703 said:
Okay, thank you so much for that! But, lets just say you had a 40b, how would you stock it (fish wise)? Wanna see some lists rollin!

I would do:

1 Pair Wyoming Whites
1 Mystery Wrasse
1 Bluehead Jawfish
1 Dracula Goby/tiger pistol shrimp
Mix in some smaller anthias.

For a smaller budget, I would keep similar fish just less expensive versions.

For lot's of color (especially under led's) and movement in lower, mid and upper portion of the tank I would do these and no more in a 40G.
African Midas blenny
Chalk Basslett
Barbonius Anthias
Orange lined cardinal pair
dragonface pipefish pair

Personal opinion is 40G is on the ragged edge of tank size for agressive or semi-agressive fish.

4 fish max (focus on where they live in the tank - some Anglers prefer to be up the rock on a shelf; Leafs in caves on floor; clowns in a protected area with host mushroom, anemome; etc)

Aquascape to provide for the preferences of the fish; offer more than one shelf, cave, whatever each fish prefers.

Some I find interesting:
Wartskin Angler OR Leaf Fish (Red) OR Sargassum Angler
Macneill's Assessor Basslet OR Lantern Bass

And for their continued health (for live food production):
Breeding Pair of aggressive Clowns --- Cinnamon OR Yellowstripe Maroon OR Black & White Ocellaris

Thank you for that tip on keeping semi/aggressive fish. I will definently keep it in mind. And bimmerzs, I looked every fish up and that is very colorful! Wow!

@bimmerzs wrote:
For lot's of color (especially under led's) and movement in lower said:
This kid is on a pretty tight budget as he has stated many times in many threads. I doubt he'll be able to afford Barbonius Anthias. The others, probably, but the Blenny would probably be pushing it.

@MarcoG wrote:
[I]@bimmerzs wrote:[/I][quote="For lot's of color (especially under led's) and movement in lower said:
This kid is on a pretty tight budget as he has stated many times in many threads. I doubt he'll be able to afford Barbonius Anthias. The others, probably, but the Blenny would probably be pushing it."]
Hahaha +1, Although I do appreciate it, this is the case.

Bump, if anyone has any lists they would like to share I would greatly appreciate it. Would like to see what you would pick.

I think Liveaquaria is a great source to create a list, but if we're playing the list game...

Pair of firefish
Canary Blenny
Black Clown
McKosker's Flasher

OR

Filamented Flasher Wrasse
Pair of purple firefish
Red Scooter Blenny
Any "designer" clown

With a 40 breeder, you're going to face restrictions on size and number of fish. I think you should be looking for 4-6 small, reef safe, peaceful fish.