Lighting Question. Will it work?

Okay, the link below takes you to an LED light that I have recently stumbled upon. Right now I have a 36 inch Fluorescent light (Standard White, Not sure how many watts) on my forty gallon (at the moment) FOWLER. I can't even think about corals until I get the right lighting fixture. So, take a look at the link. I wanted to know if I could run this with my current light and be able to do corals. How would I go about this? When Would I turn each light on? Thanks
http://www.marineandreef.com/WavePoint_Micro_Sun_High_Output_LED_Clamp_6_8W_p/rwp01116.htm

8 watts wont be anything but a fancy moon light on a 40 gallon. If your trying to do LED for coral and do it cheap you might check out the 170$ china units

@mmiller40 wrote:
8 watts wont be anything but a fancy moon light on a 40 gallon. If your trying to do LED for coral and do it cheap you might check out the 170$ china units said:
+1. If I don't get some sort of lighting out of MACNA that's what I'll be doing.

yea I wouldn't do anything less than 72W of LED depending on the depth/type of 40G you have. Another way would be to see if someone on the forums has an older LED light that they upgraded on a larger tank