Anthias Selection?

Anthias by far are one of the best looking saltwater fish out there! I have been looking into them and wanted to ask you if any type of species can be housed in a 40 breeder. I have a Royal Gramma now and plan on getting 2 Cinnamon Clownfish next week. I want to keep one type of Anthias as well. Then later on get a fire fish. So my question for you is what type of anthias can be housed in a 40 breeder (if any)?

with that gramma i would think you wont be able to keep wrasses or anthias as dottybacks are terrtorial fish.

But Grammas aren't really aggressive at all?! They are only "aggressive" when a fish disturbs their "home".

Yea, its okay. So back to the topic. What anthias can go in a 40 breeder and can co exist with the fish listed in the first post?

Okay to give you an idea of what I am looking at, here is a list of anthias I heard can be suitable in a 40.
Sunset Anthias
Bartlett's Anthias
Lyretail Anthias
Ventralis Anthias
Which one of these do you think I should get, also which gender? If anyone else has any Anthias recommendations, comments would be greatly appreciated.

@Mikii wrote:
Okay to give you an idea of what I am looking at said:
the Lyretail
All anthias have fast metabolisms and eat meaty foods through out the day. Most places will recommend multiple feedings but the lyretail is probably most suited to single daily feedings of mysis (and maybe eventually a meaty pellet food)

Those clowns will become very aggressive once they start breeding and may decide they want the entire 40g tank to themselves (if not at least half of it). The firefish probably won’t have a chance once the clowns mature and breed.

Breeding isn't really a choice you can make. It's pretty much up to the fish. In all honesty your tank isn't big enough for most anthias.

Flows can be very agressive fish and if you have 2 they could pair up and mate.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

@Mikii wrote:
I am not going to breed these guys. Hopefully all goes well and they wont. said:
if you have two they will likely pair unless they are two females then they will fight till one dies
if two males (young are all males) the dominant one becomes female and eventually almost certainly they mate - sorry to say but it's not your choice

Okay! Good to know. Check out this thread please -http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=101188
I kinda need some help! Lol

DFS lists 125gal as the minimum tank size for lyretail Anthias and most others. A few were listed at 70gal minimum.