First Time Dealing With Ich!

I am so scared. Recently I ourchased a pair of Ocellaris clowns and picked them out carefuly. I am afraid they have Ich. No signs (White Dots) yet but they are rubbing face in sand, no rock just sand. But My royal gramma never did that until clowns came and started. Is ich contagious? My Gramma has 5 or so white spots on his face. The spots are grouped in a line hoing diagonaly from top to bottom. Pics are hard to get. How do you treat it? Do you treat it? I am very low on funds (bout 18 dollars), help appreciated.

I would soak your food in some garlic xtreme, and consider a cleaner wrasse/shrimp. Need to make sure they all continue to eat. GL!

Garlic will help but the best you can do is try and keep the fish from being stressed and keep them fed. A cleaner shrimp or wrasse won't help. Marine ich is under the skin so they can't get to it.

Just realize that you now have it in your tank and you can get an outbreak at any time.

The garlic should just make the food more appealing to the fish, but yeah, totally retract the wrasse/shrimp comment. That's what I get for ASSUMING lol. That was always gonna be my plan of attack in case of an outbreak. Thanks for the knowledge!

Dont forget vitamin c dosing and we were also told to soak the food in zoe(spelling might be wrong) its a vitamin supplement for fish

Okay, so soak food in regular garlic? I am feeding rhem more than usual and tgey are eating every last bite. thanks for your support

I dunno about regular garlic... They make garlic additives for marine fish. Garlic xtreme is the only one I'm familiar with but im sure there's many more.

No it's a garlic supplement for fish. It's a liquid you get at the lfs ,if funds are limited and you haven't bought any yet talk to your lfs most likely they will recommend soaking in Zoe instead of garlic if they are eating. Garlic is used to get them to eat is what we were told. It does have some health benefits but not like the Zoe and vitamin c. And it's a special vitamin c dose not the same we take apparently .

Well, I think clowns dont have it yet. They are acting normal and eating. My gramma is refusing to eat. I need to get that Zoe. Fast.