Glass Lid

Does anyone dislike these, this is what I have had since day one but am starting to hear negative things about them. My temp is always 76-77 degrees, I leave an air stone running at all times to keep oxygenating the water, and its tight fitting for jumpers. I love it but I do not know if I should go mesh.

I prefer mesh or none at all (I dont have any jumpers in my tank).

I feel like a glass lid just puts a hamper on oxygenating the water. If you had/have a sump, then it probably wouldnt matter (other then potential heat issues).

To be more specific, I have a Versa Top. Most of you are familiar with them. On the back is a divder in which holds two glass pieces together. If I take one glass piece off expose 1 side will that help? I do have screen, if I rigged up something would this work?

2a8u4eqa.jpg
alt="">
Here's my lid. Brs DIY kit. Turned out really well.

I prefer my glass lid, even though maintenance on it gets to be a bore, as you have to clean off the water spots, the dust, etc. But it keeps my jumpers in. Im not worried about O2 since I have a sump.

The thing I didn't like about glass lids was it restricted my lighting and I had to make sure the salt "creep" or splash didn't coat the underside of the glass; you have to keep removing it and cleaning. Your temp is good, as far as oxygen do you have a pump breaking the water surface? If so, you should be good to go. the best test for checking oxygen levels is just watching the fish, if they are not breathing heavy, you should be ok. And as mentioned it will keep the carpet divers from doing a swan dive on your carpet. If you want the best of both worlds you can always remove the back half of the glass and replace it with egg crate

I have a power head in there, I could point it up to the surface, but I also have a small airline fixture that I can attatch to the power head to do an airstone.