Marine Eels

I have a 40b and have recently started researching eels. I was wondering if anyone has kept a fish safe eel successfully in a 40b. And if you have, where I would go about to find one.

Okay, how long would a snowflake eel last in there? Would it feel comfortable in the size tank? The dimensions are:
3 feet long
17 inches high
18 inches deep
My tank has various caves and hiding places. I think snowflake morays are very interesting. I will check into those.

Okay, so this brings me back to my other question. Could a snowflake eel be a permanent resident in my tank?

the snowflake, even if you start with a small one, will eventually outgrow your setup. So, no, not for the duration of its life.

I have heard of those and I know they are okay in a 40b, but I don't know where I would find one. I'll have to check into Reef Remedies when the time comes. I think I am getting more drawn into a Snowflake.

You might be able to keep the snowflake for 18 - 24 months depending on the size. Try to get a very small one and be prepared to upgrade the tank or find him a new home in about 2 years.

A golden dwarf moray will set you back anywhere from $150 for a very tiny one with no guarantee that its feeding upwards of $250.00 plus. A small snowflake can be had for around $14.00 - $20.00

@shse666 wrote:
You might be able to keep the snowflake for 18 - 24 months depending on the size. Try to get a very small one and be prepared to upgrade the tank or find him a new home in about 2 years. A golden dwarf moray will set you back anywhere from $150 for a very tiny one with no guarantee that its feeding upwards of $250.00 plus. A small snowflake can be had for around $14.00 - $20.00 said:
That info really helps shse666! Thanks