Best Type of Goby or Blenny!

Hey DFWMAS! Wanted to see what everyones favorite one was? I'd have to say mine is probably the Firefish. On another hand, I have recently heard about Engineer gobies. (As a side topic- Can someone please give me some info on these guys and if they can be in a 40b). So, cant wait to hear your favorite picks!

From Liveaquaria.com:

QUICK STATS
Minimum Tank Size: 55 gallons
Care Level: Moderate
Temperament: Peaceful
Reef Compatible: Yes
Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025
Max. Size: 1'
Color Form: Black, Blue, White
Diet: Carnivore
Compatibility: View Chart
Origin: Indo-Pacific
Family: Pholidichthyidae

What do these Quick Stats mean? Click here

overview
The Engineer goby is also commonly referred to as the Convict Goby. It is in a separate family from the gobies and blennies. Its markings change throughout its life. Consistently, the colors involved are dark blue to black on white. As a juvenile, the markings are horizontal, running the length of the body. With age, they become vertical bands.
It should be kept in a 55 gallon or larger aquarium with a sand covered bottom where it may make burrows. It needs peaceful tank mates and plenty of hiding places. Small groups or pairs tend to do better in an aquarium, but need to be introduced simultaneously to the tank.

The Engineer Goby has been known to spawn successfully in an aquarium setting.

Its diet should consist of a variety of fresh or frozen seafood, brine shrimp, and mysis shrimp. It should be fed at least twice per day.

@mwilk19 wrote:
I saw that but I do not reffer to LiveAquaria because in my past expiriences I have found them to over exagerate and be wrong in some areas of tank size, fish behavior, etc. So if anyone has had expirience with one, I would greatly appreciate it.@echristiansen08 wrote:
Lawnmower blennys are fun to watch! I live mine Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2 said:
@Kelly wrote:
I'm a fan of any blenny from the genus Meiacanthus. said:
Those are great choices! Anyone else have their special pick?

I don't have much goby experience but my YWG is much more active than two Yashe Hashe gobies I've had in the past.

Agree with a starry, very cool fish.

Engineers are destructive, they will dig and move sand everywhere. Worst fish I've ever bought.

@John221 wrote:
I really like the Midas it will be my next fish. said:
I agree with midas. They have cool personality. I also enjoy my lawn mower. Eats algae and has a funny quirk to it.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Little off topic but is there a problem keeping a Goby and a Blenny? I have a YWG and would like to add a Starry Blenny.

I have this big (5 - 6 inch) orange spot goby and he's ugly has hel l, I've seen him eat small snails, he moves my sandbed (his sandbed) all over the place, but he's been around about a year and I guess we've kind of grown on each other, not that I'd ever suggest getting one, but I guess he's kind of cool [smilie=rofl.gif]

gob.jpg
alt="">

@tj51 wrote:
I have this big (5 - 6 inch) orange spot goby and he's ugly has hel l said:
TJ just FYI im pretty sure thats a pink spot goby! On another note yes they are quite interesting fish and they will move THEIR sandbed anywhere they want!!

@niteowl03 wrote:
[I]@tj51 wrote:[/I][quote="I have this big (5 - 6 inch) orange spot goby and he's ugly has hel l said:
TJ just FYI im pretty sure thats a pink spot goby! On another note yes they are quite interesting fish and they will move THEIR sandbed anywhere they want!!"]

we can call it a pink spot under actinics and orange spot under whites (I noticed as I uploaded the pic that the spots didn't look so orange) as far as sandbeds, he loves to build a mound and use it as a lookout, kind of like a bunker but the LPS near the area hate it when he's moving the sand as it gets all over them. Every so often just to give him something to do, I level the mounds [smilie=lol.gif]

@John221 wrote:
I really like the Midas it will be my next fish. said:
I have a midas and is prob my fav but I jsut got a blue spotted jawfish at MACNA and think he will be a cool edition to the tank

@Baldguy wrote:
Little off topic but is there a problem keeping a Goby and a Blenny? I have a YWG and would like to add a Starry Blenny. said:
No, these fish are peaceful (although some may be territorial) and have great personalities! I'd get the Yellow Watchmen Goby first and see how you do with him. Hope this helps.