Search results

1. H

Where did everyone go?

Been out of the hobby for about 5 years and am about to get back in. When I left, this place was soooo active. Now it seems everyone left? What happened?
  2. H

Apex Jr. $150

apex Jr with temp probe and display. Perfect condition. Pick up in West Plano
  3. H

RedSea Nano 28gallon cube

selling my redsea reefer nano. No long have time to maintain it. Includes the following:tank, stand and sump (black Stand) Ai Prime with the EXT mountApex Jr with Displayvortech mp10QDPSK-75 Eshopps In-sump skimmerSicce Return pump  I think 550?  its a great setup and quiet. I also lit the...
  4. H

Too many water changes?

So I am running a mixed reef in a 28 gallon RedSea Reefer nano. It has a 21 gallon display and 7 gallon sump. I've been reading a lot about the chemical warfare that can go on between LPS, SPS and softies. I run chemipure blue in my filter sock 24/7, so I suppose the carbon in that can absorb...
  5. H

EcoTech Reeflink

Does anyone have one yet? Curious to know how people are liking it. Should I go with a WXM or the Reeflink? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. H

Problem with protein skimmer

I have a nwb150 in one tank, everytime I do a water change or sock change, the skimmer goes nuts for about 2 days. I just don't run it. However, on another tank, I run a 1000sss and it doesn't have this issue. Anyone else run into these issues? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. H

Cleaning mix tub

How do y'all clean the residue off the walls of your mixing tubs? Is this stuff bad for the rodi? Or bad to mix more saltwater inv alt=""> Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  8. H

Using carbon

If I am waiting to run carbon in my tank only periodically, do I still need to use a reactor? Can I just toss a bag in my sump on one of the media shelfs? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  9. H

Hanna Checker for Alk

Has anyone used this test kit? I really like my phosphate checker and was wondering what people think of the Alk?
  10. H

Help with lights

I have a canopy with t5ho lights installed. It's a retrofit. I'm pretty handy with most stuff, but not with lighting/electrical. One of the endcaps smokes when lighting up. Obviously, I'm not using this right now, but would like to fix it. It's a 4 bulb fixture using 2 Icecap 430 ballasts. 54w...
  11. H

Need help picking a heater...

I am getting ready to buy a new heater(s). I am placing the heater(s) on my new DSA 100 with about 14 gallons of sump water. What is a good heater to use? I have used the ehiem jager heater with good luck, but just dont know what do use on this one. Should I use 1 250w or maybe 2 150w?
  12. H

New DSA 105

I found a deal on a DSA 100 and stand I just couldn't pass on. Seeing as I didn't win the 105 Rimless yesterday :-( I went a head and made an extreme impulse purchase. I'm gonna move all the livestock and equipment over from my 75g. Gonna be a fun upgrade! I'll post up a build log when things...
  13. H

Who carries Tropic Eden Reed Flakes?

Anyone in Dallas carry this sand? Thanks Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  14. H

Sand bed swapping

So, I recently upgraded the flow in my tank and now all my sand blows around. Since I have never liked the small grain size to begin with, this seems like a good chance to swap it out. I have a 75 gallon that has been running since the end of November(most stuff was transferred from a 11 month...
  15. H

Carbon in a reactor

I'm looking to setup a carbon reactor on my 75gal. I was wondering how much flow you guys run through the reactor. According to BRS, I need roughly .5 a cup of the ROX carbon, changing it bi-weekly. I'm just looking for flow info. Thanks people's.
  16. H

Need Help Picking Vortech

I have a standard 75gal tank. 48"x18"x21". Should I go with 1 MP40 or 2 MP10s. I am trying to do a mixed reef with emphasis on SPS. Just lookin for a little directional help here. Thanks y'all!
  17. H

My new radion!

Finally upgraded my lighting from a 4 bulb t-5 to a Radion. So pretty! alt=""> Haven't finished the hanger quite yet, gotta paint it later today.
  18. H

Fuge or no fuge...

I know this is a highly debatable subject, but want some outsiders take. I have a fuge on my 93 cube and on my 75g. Wondering if its really worth it. In my 93g, the fuge is overrun with hair algae, I'm worried its gonna find its way to the display soon. And in my 75, all I seem to being able to...
  19. H

Skimmer stopped making foam

I just did a water change and my skimmer seems to have stopped making any foam. Before it was fine, now it acts like the air draw is clogged. Checked everything and its all clear. It's a reef octopus NWB-110. I got it for Christmas but its already broken in. Any ideas?
  20. H

How to know when to change filter?

I have a BRS 5 stage plus unit with the 150 gpd upgrade, running since November. The pressure has dropped from around 80psi to 70 psi now and the sediment filter is pretty orangish. The TDS is still ready zero and my DI resin appears to be about half way exhausted. So my question is, when should...