Help with lights

Hookem2006

Premium Member
I have a canopy with t5ho lights installed. It's a retrofit. I'm pretty handy with most stuff, but not with lighting/electrical. One of the endcaps smokes when lighting up. Obviously, I'm not using this right now, but would like to fix it.

It's a 4 bulb fixture using 2 Icecap 430 ballasts. 54w bulbs. If anyone in the Plano area knows anything about these, I could bring it by and maybe you could help me/teach me something. I'd be happy to offer beer/money/frags for the help.

Thanks.

I have a canopy with t5ho lights installed. It's a retrofit. I'm pretty handy with most stuff, but not with lighting/electrical. One of the endcaps smokes when lighting up. Obviously, I'm not using this right now, but would like to fix it.

It's a 4 bulb fixture using 2 Icecap 430 ballasts. 54w bulbs. If anyone in the Plano area knows anything about these, I could bring it by and maybe you could help me/teach me something. I'd be happy to offer beer/money/frags for the help.

Thanks.

I maybe able to stop by and help you out after work. Did you check to make sure there is not a small wire in fraying?

Sent from inside the shark tank!

My weekend looks pretty crazy, but I can probably help. I am not an electrician but I do know what I am doing.

Is this a homemade fixture or factory. First thing I am thinking is that they are not alighted properly, causing the bulb to expose the prongs and its arching when starting up.

@ss95003 wrote:
My weekend looks pretty crazy said:
I bought the setup used and its a canopy retrofit. I'm gonna pick up some endcaps and probably have to remount the cap stands because I think they are spaced too far apart.

I may be able to help sunday. not sure yet. If you send me a PM with your number I will text you this weekend when I know if i am free or not.

don't buy new endcaps, unless they are melted no reason they can't still be used.