Need help picking a heater...

Hookem2006

Premium Member
I am getting ready to buy a new heater(s). I am placing the heater(s) on my new DSA 100 with about 14 gallons of sump water. What is a good heater to use? I have used the ehiem jager heater with good luck, but just dont know what do use on this one. Should I use 1 250w or maybe 2 150w?

I'm using 5 of the finex titanium heaters in various sizes and have been very happy with them. YMMV.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 4g using Tapatalk.

All Heaters fail at some point in time, Always have a back up plan (controller, JBJ Temp. Controller, something to turn your heater off at right time.). Seems they always fail on the ON position.

I've had two jbj's fail on me. I'd go with an ebo jäger, finex, or Marineland.

The topic pretty much begs the question. What would you keep NIB as a backup? I know its Texas and heating isn't a REAL problem as many folks have natural gas, but what would you use for the failure at 3:00 AM during late January?

@ReefJunky wrote:
*cough ViaAqua Titanium cough* :) said:
thats what Im running currently. Just get two smaller ones so that if one gets stuck on it wont cook the tank. Simple cheap insurance.

@shse666 wrote:
I just started building a collection of spare NIB Finnex heaters... this is my current heater usage list:

110g- Two 200w Finnex, controlled by Apex
20g- One 75w Finnex, controlled by AC3
25g QT- One 200w Finnex, using built in controller along with digital thermometer on tank that sits 10 feet from my desk so I can keep eye on it.
Biocube 14- It has some random Nano heater that is non adjustable. Tank also has digital thermometer that sits 10 feet from my desk so I can keep eye on it.
Water mixing station- One 50w Finnex
NIB Spares- Currently have a new Finnex 50w and plan to add a 200w to my next BRS order.