Hanna Checker for Alk

Hookem2006

Premium Member
Has anyone used this test kit? I really like my phosphate checker and was wondering what people think of the Alk?

I have the Hanna checker for Alk. I had been using the Salifert test kit. The Hanna may be a bit less labor intensive than the Salifert. The reading that I get have been in line with what the Salifert test kit was showing. I like it, but my wife says I'm a gadget freak. I disagree. I have the Hanna phosphate checker and I'm thinking about getting the calcium checker. I've read some mixed reviews on that one. If you're thinking about purchasing on line, check out Aquarium Specialty's Ebay store. The checkers are a little less expensive and they sometimes have free shipping.

I can get them on amazon for $45 shipped. I am a gadget geek for sure. Plus anything that makes taking readings a little easier is a plus because I feel is be more inclined to do it more often.

I've been wanting to do Hanna Checkers too. Being color blind, I have to ask my 8 year old to tell me the colors to double check me.

The Phosphate and the ALK are great just stay away from the Calcium one. it's junk!
$45 is a good price!

I wish they made a reasonably priced one for nitrates. i think their nitrate checker is around $200. Too expensive for my wallet.

mwilk19 wrote:
I wish they made a reasonably priced one for nitrates. i think their nitrate checker is around $200. Too expensive for my wallet.[/quote
No Hanna Nitrate checker for Saltwater yet. the one they are selling for $200 is FRESHWATER ONLY. they are promising one soon.

Ok, I didn't realize it fresh only. I hope they do a nitrate test that's in line price wise with their other ones.

I believe they have some sort of MAP. I get them from amazon, they are about $10 cheaper there. Plus, I am a Prime member so I receive free shipping.