EcoTech Reeflink

Those are two different things. The WXM controls pumps. The reef link controls the Radions. Unless I'm mistaken and there's new updates that allows the WXM to control lights and the reeflink to control pumps.

In the new Apex update, you will be able to control the lights with the WXM. In a future update of the Reeflink, you will be able to control pumps. Was just curious if anyone has any experience with the reeflink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had the Reeflink for a month or so. To me, it's not very good at the moment. It basically allows connectivity to the radions without using a laptop/usb cable. But that's it. You have an iphone/ipad app with connection, but I don't change my lights much these days.

I don't know the eta on the Vortech controlling as well. That's the only reason I got the reeflink honestly, is to have both controlled through ecosmart live. I had no interest in spending the money on the mediocre apex module.

So in my honest opinion, I would wait until Ecotech releases software to control both the lights and the pumps. If you just have Ecotech lights and different pumps, then I don't see how a wireless bridge would be worth $200. I know Wes and Marc both use it.

Yes, I have one and it allows me to change the lights instantly from my Mac or my iPhone. But it doesn't control the pumps yet, and I have a feeling it won't matter when it does. I've always liked Reefcrest mode. For me, it would be best if I could shut off the pump to feed the tank and have it turn on again automatically in 5-10 minutes. I have that setup with my Apex and a Mp10 that has no battery backup. I need to do the same with the Mp40 on the 60g at some point.

@Marc wrote:
Yes said:
You can change the lights instantly on a Mac without the Reeflink. Just have to use the USB cable. In your case, it's just a USB wireless bridge. The Vortech update will be nice for different settings on different pumps at different time periods through ESL. For example, low ramp up early morning, low steady until 10am, then reef crest high until 6pm, then back to low steady and ramp down at night. Things the Apex module was supposed to do, but doesn't do very well imo through the basic demos I've seen at LFS.

I have the WXM and reeflink, I havnt used the WXM yet as it overrides the reeflink settings but my reeflink works great. A lot easier than messing with the USB cable like I had to do at first.

I have the WXM also, but never set it up. As far as controlling my lights. I have my Radions set. Haven't needed to touch it again since. But I would like to have my pumps turn off during my programmed auto feeding.
Just been lazy to set up yet another Apex module. (Which I can't stand neptune) but my unbiased advice is. If you got it. Use it. Ecosmart is so much better to control all of your color spectrum. So if you're running Tunze pumps n Radion lights, I'd say WXM. But if you're using Vortechs n Radions, who better to control them with, then the company that makes them. You'll have less compatibility problems and great customer service. Unlike Neptune's horrible dealings. Which I'd pay more to avoid dealing with.