New DSA 105

Hookem2006

Premium Member
I found a deal on a DSA 100 and stand I just couldn't pass on. Seeing as I didn't win the 105 Rimless yesterday :-( I went a head and made an extreme impulse purchase. I'm gonna move all the livestock and equipment over from my 75g. Gonna be a fun upgrade! I'll post up a build log when things get rolling. I'll also post up my 75 for sale when I finish.
dazy2eza.jpg
alt="">
u9unapa7.jpg
alt="">

Very cool. We've all been there, and had to make a purchase like that.

My wife was seriously eyeing up that rimless 105 too! I'd be out on the street if I purchased it while she was away on spring break though.

I really wanted the rimless, I just couldn't justify the cost in my head though. The tank and stand I got were as much as the rimless alone. Add in another 600 for the stand and it was just too ridiculous.

I'm considering keeping the 75 as a FOWLR, not sure yet. Always wanted a queen angel!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@Hook'em2006 wrote:
I'm considering keeping the 75 as a FOWLR said:
Doooo it! [smilie=cool.gif] You thinking of changing much up or doing just a straight transfer?

@Airstreamin wrote:
[I]@Hook'em2006 wrote:[/I][quote="I'm considering keeping the 75 as a FOWLR said:
Doooo it! [smilie=cool.gif] You thinking of changing much up or doing just a straight transfer?"]

Well I thought about it lot last night, and I think I'm gone get some new rock from DNA. Dry rock and try to go with 2 islands instead of the typical rock wall. I might try and see if I can't find a away to bridge them together some how. But at 2.49/pd it won't cost to much.

I like it! I would try and move those rocks to the right out a little more so you have a network of caves in that little area. Just my $.02. Lookin good tho!

Thanks man.

I'm gonna build the left higher with some rock from my other tank when I get enough water made to fill this beast.

Looks good! I actually like the sloping look from right to left, it's how I laid my tank out, gives a different dimension I think. I like it!

Here is what I have ended up with:

pyhyna3u.jpg
alt="">

There is approx 85 pds of base rock with 80 pds of Caribsea Seaflor special sand.

aseseved.jpg
alt="">

I mounted the brackets on the wall to support my Radions. The Koralia pumps are in there for the cycle, which I started 2 weeks ago.

I found a used Trigger Systems 30" Ruby at Dallas North for a hell of a deal, that I am going with that as far as sump. I put a Mag 12 for the return, but think I need to dial it back. I'll take some pictures of under the stand tomorrow when my new protein skimmer gets in from DFS. (Btw, thanks for the gift certificates DFWMAS!!)

Is there anyway to build a manifold with soft plumbing? I can't seem to picture how to do it in my head :-/

You can come take a look at mine and bring the sock holder;) but mine comes up out of the mag12 3/4" pvc up about 9" to a 90 L, then I placed a T 3/4" in 3/4 out and 1/2" out. Now out of the 1/2" I placed a on/off knob to control bio pellets. Continue on the 3/4" out to another T same setup. This 1/2" out is for excess flow to flow back into sump no back pressure. Now out of the 3/4 to a 90 L that flows to a one direction flow restrictor with a on/off knob then up to the return line. Hope that makes sense if not come on over.

Sent from inside the shark tank!

@Eckolancer wrote:
You can come take a look at mine and bring the sock holder;) but mine comes up out of the mag12 3/4" pvc up about 9" to a 90 L said:
I still got it! Lol. Sorry been a hectic couple of weeks with work/traveling/tanking. Did you build yours with soft plumbing or PVC?

@Eckolancer wrote:
Used PVC. I may have some pvc left over and a couple random fittings. Sent from inside the shark tank! said:
I have tons of PVC left from plumbing my 75, just didn't wanna do PVC on this tank.

Seems my only real options are to get a smaller pump (mag 7 or 9.5) or build some sort of manifold!!! I'll prolly attempt the manifold this weekend, if I can make it look at least half way decent, and not ghetto, then I will be happy.