Search results

1. C

How to Acclimate to MH's

I have 2 250w reeflux 12K's in the new Luminarc minis. How should I acclimate my tank to the new lighting? My previous set up was a 6 x 54w bulb T5 set up with individual reflectors. I don't want to burn my SPS at the top of the tank. -Chuck
  2. C

This is when you know you have an algae problem!

I haven't been good about water changes - 3+months!! :shock: :shock: I barely feed though. Anywho, I saw this today and decided I need to finally clean up my tank. alt=""> Notice the hair algae, AND the bubble algae. Keep in mind, I have 12 emerald crabs in my tank to control bubble algae...
  3. C

New Luminarc Minis - Finally came in!!

Through the help of a fellow member here (Thanks Robert!), I ordered some luminarc mini's in June. I was told that the wholeseller was waiting to get the new ones in. Supposedly, the new reflectors had a new design and were 16% more reflective than the older model. The new reflectors are round...
  4. C

Fish that eats xenia and anthelia?

I need a fish to eat xenia and anthelia. If it had to munch on other soft corals, that would be a price I am willing to pay. Anyone know of one? -Chuck
  5. C

buying a big tank?

You wouldn't need all of the pvc that they have. What are they asking for it? What condition is the inside of the stand? -Chuck
  6. C

Gulf Dead Zone is 3rd Largest

Here is a link to a dead zone in the gulf of Mexico. <u>FROM CNN.COM</u>
  7. C

When to dose 2 part?

If I am running 2 part solution, when do I dose it? Do I have both parts drip slowly throughout the day? Or, DO I just set them to a 2-3 hour slow drip at night/morning? I am wanting to automate it, so I can time it and time the amount that gets put it via an air pump and drip valve. Thanks...
  8. C

Benefit to Serial Port on Controller

I am needing to get a controller. I would like to keep it as cheap as possible. I have the option of getting one with a serial port. But, it will be 10% less to get it without the serial port. My wife thinks it is unnecessary and doesn't want our old CPU out by the tank. Is there any real...
  9. C

Idea for a remote refugium

I have a small fuge. It is only a 4-5 gallon section of my 20g long sump. When I watch the water enter the fuge from the skimmer section, it seems to go through the macro pretty well. But, I got to thinking. (uh, oh) Water, like nearly every thing else will take the path of least resistance...
  10. C

Using chemi-clean. Is it too early to dose again?

I have a 90g tank and 20g fuge/sump. At 8PM Friday night I put 8 level scoops of Chemi-clean in my display tank. (after mixing it with a cup of RO water) It has barely touched the cyano. Is it too early to go ahead and dose again. The instructions say to wait 48 hours, but with 8 hours to go...
  11. C

Any suggestions for an Inexpensive Calcium Reactor?

As the title states, I am looking to see if anyone suggests an inexpensive calcium reactor. -Chuck
  12. C

Total Newb question about MH

I saw this on ebay: HERE If you put in a proper bulb would you be able to use it over a reef aquarium? I like my T5's, so I won't be replacing my lights, but I thought these might be good for a future larger tank. -Chuck
  13. C

Cut off My MJ Spout...

I just did this Mod: HERE Now that I have sps, I needed the flow. Wow! [(you must say this next part like Forrest Gump)] That is all I have to say about that. How close can I put the powerhead to my SPS? In order to get the highest flow, my sps are in a direct line from the powerheads. -Chuck
  14. C

Red Bugs, now what?

When I acclimated my corals tonight, I checked all of them for red bugs, except the last one. :x I guess I figured it was ok since the others were fine. It was from a different seller, so there wasn't any logic in that thought process. Anywho, it is loaded with bed bugs. I pulled it out of my...
  15. C

I saw a BioCube last night.

I just saw a BioCube at DNA last night. It was 29g! I really liked it. The extra 5 gallons make it seem pretty large. I have never heard of it before. I guess it is made by Oceanic. You guys know much about them? i may have to get one. -Chuck
  16. C

Iwans new tank

Here is Iwan's new tank. It looks pretty good. alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> The colors look a little hot from photoshop. The tank is only a few weeks old. -Chuck
  17. C

Who wins...Mushrooms or Hammer?

My second contest is going to be between my Hammer and some green mushrooms. The mushrooms have grown into a piece or real estate that I want for my hammer. Do you think the hammer will win the space war? OR would the mushrooms win and I should not risk the hammer? -Chuck
  18. C

Who wins...Galaxia(ea?) or GSP?

My GSP is kind of getting out of control. I know the GSP is pretty strong. I was hoping to put some galaxea around it to keep it at bay, but I am afraid the GSP would overpower the galaxea. What do you think? -Chuck
  19. C

Bobtail squid - Know anything about them?

I saw this video on youtube VIDEO I thought it looked really cool. I was wondering if we could house them in our tanks, or if we would have to have a species only tank. -Chuck
  20. C

Hammer aggressiveness

I have a small frag of birds nest next to my hammer. My hammer hasn't bothered it at all. My question is, how aggressive is hammer coral? will it fight with frogspawn, other lps, etc? Will it go after sps? I know my frogspawn whoops up on clove polyps, I was wondering if the hammer would do the...