Search results

1. E

Back to Saltwater after 4 years

Hello, I've been out of the hobby for 4 years now and have decided to get back in. I just purchased a 20gal long tank and I'm getting this overflow for it. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=18358 I have a question as to what return pump I can use for it? I'm...
  2. E

AC Jr

I just got this thing and I was trying to get the lights to work at least. Anyway everythings working good for the first hour. My main lights out! Then at 10:15 they come on and just now at 10:26 they shut off. WTF! I guess I'm stupid . Maybe to many beers?
  3. E

T5 Light selection

I just got my Current NEP 6x39 36". I'm scraping the bulbs for better ones. I'm planning on just keeping softies and a couple lps. Anyone have any lighting recommendations to bring out the colors?
  4. E

Reefkeeper elite

Anyone getting one of these or have any info on when they'll be out? I'm fixing to purchase a controller and I'm thinking of waiting till this comes out. www.digitalaquatics.com/index.php
  5. E

My return pump is driving me to drink!

Not really, I don't need an excuse for that. I'm using a mag 7 on a 58 gal rr tank with a 1" overflow and 3/4" return. It sounds like a toilet is flushing every couple minutes. Not a good thing since the tank is in my bedroom. Is this because the pump is pushing to much water or what?
  6. E

return pump

Would a mag 9.5 be ok for a return pump on a rr 58 gallon tank? I'm going to have 2 korilia (sp) 4's also in the tank for water movement. The only thing I'm going to keep in the tank is softies.
  7. E

Toadstool

hum
  8. E

petco

I know don't buy anything from petco. I couldn't help myself. I saw a huge leather coral and a feather duster just sitting there all by themselves. My wife and I decided to try and safe it. I'll post some pictures and give updates. I hope I can help it. The manager did give me a 20% discount.
  9. E

Mated Clowns

I'm wanting to add a pair of mated clowns to my 34 gal. My question is, with the tank being 5 weeks old would it be wise? All test are 0 except for nitrates (20) 2nd question is it cruel to add them without them having a anemone to live in? The only thing I have in the tank now is snails and...
  10. E

Starting up a 34 gal. solana

Not sure if this is still considered a nano, but with 50lbs of live sand and 50 pounds of live rock it is under 30 gals. :D Anyway, I'll post some pictures of the tank, stand, & lights tommorrow. It doesn't seem that to many people have this tank yet. I love the rimless look of the tank. I also...
  11. E

distilled water

am i correct in my thinking that the distilled water I'm using for my tank contains no chlorine?
  12. E

Finnex M Tank??

Does anyone local sell this either in a 20 gal or the 30 gal version? I'm fixing to order one online but I would rather pick it up local if I can.
  13. E

Best Nano Skimmer

I'm fixing to purchase a skimmer for my Bio Cube 29 gal. I was wondering what is the better skimmer for it.
  14. E

Anyone have a Aqua Jr.?

Mine just arrived today. I was so excited and then I open the owners manual. :? I managed to calibrate the PH and the Temp. That was easy seeing that is what I get paid to do everyday. I'm confused about everything else. What are the little switches on the back of the D8? The only thing that...
  15. E

Fixing to purchase (anybody have one?)

http://www.digitalaquatics.com/index.html They have the Reefkeeper and the Reefkeeper II. If anyone has one what is the difference between the 2. I see where you will be able to update the new model. But what does that mean? I guess my question is what is data logging?
  16. E

Couple new tank pictures

I've taken a couple tank pictures today and I thought I would share.
  17. E

My 29 gal. Biocube

Not sure where I'm going with it yet. I just put some live rock and corals from my 180 gal tank in. I love having a sandbed again. Picture isn't that good but you can get the idea. Its funny I was going to buy a camera and ended up getting this instead. If anyone knows anything about the...
  18. E

Stocking tips

Santa got me a 29 gal. nano. I'm trying to figure out what fish to get for it. I have a 180 gal also so I'm used to putting whatever I want into it. I'm not sure about a 29 so what do you guys think?
  19. E

t5's

I'm thinking about going with t5 lights instead of halides. I'm going to buy 2- 36" fixtures but I don't know much about the wattage. Does anyone know about how much I'll need for a softie tank? Or any feed back would be helpful.
  20. E

Frogspawn

If anyone remembers my temp soared to 92 in my tank and my frogspawn died. anyway I kept the branch in the tank. I was looking at the branch this morning and it seems to have some neon green bubble looking things growning all over it. Is this possible for some to start growing back? I'll try and...