Stocking tips

Santa got me a 29 gal. nano. I'm trying to figure out what fish to get for it. I have a 180 gal also so I'm used to putting whatever I want into it. I'm not sure about a 29 so what do you guys think?

This is really based on personal preference.

I see you already have the 180, so I don't want to insult your intelligence, but I have seen way to many posts regarding disease and fish incompatability from others, and I even had a little bout of bad luck due to impatience recently. Whatever advice you receive via the message boards, please research, research and research some more before you take others word for what will work well in that size and together, and make sure you pay attention to adult size and not just the size at purchase unless you have a plan to trasnsplant the livestock later. Many fish that we like will grow far too large for a 29 gallon tank.

Also don't forget quarantine... Everything that is wet should be quarantined before entering the display.

Sorry I didn't address your actual question, but I just wanted to put my thoughts out there.

@ToddLaCo wrote:
This is really based on personal preference. I see you already have the 180 said:
Yes, I've been in the business for along time now. I know about acting quick and not doing research. My new tank is ready! I used my 180 gal to do this so thats not a problem. I just don't know to much about smaller fish. But thanks for the input.

@SumpDiver wrote:
How about a Trio of Firefish and a couple of ponies? said:
I love the Firefish but they hide to much for my liking. I'm looking for something that will stay out in the open.

I'm thinking about a mated pair of clowns. My second choice is a Flame angle. I'll have to look at what size tank they need.

I really love the Gobies so I'm also looking into that.

Check out liveaquaria.com, they have a nano fish section with some cool small fish. I've got a 30gal with a pair of true percs, sailfin tang, green banned goby and orchid dottyback. Also in the past I've kept a purple tang and a cherub pygmy angel.

Yes, that is my little angel. I wish I could make the picture a little bigger so I could get a full length shot of her in her new LSU cheerleader outfit. All 3 kids got LSU gear for christmas so we are set for the new year. Sometimes I worry about my 8yr old wearing his LSU stuff to school since when I've been there I notice a ton of Texas and OU shirts.