Anyone have a Aqua Jr.?

Mine just arrived today. I was so excited and then I open the owners manual. :? I managed to calibrate the PH and the Temp. That was easy seeing that is what I get paid to do everyday. I'm confused about everything else.

What are the little switches on the back of the D8?

The only thing that I'm wanting to set up is

1. MH Light
2. MH Light
3. MH Light
4. Pump
5. 3 power heads

That doesn't seem like it would be to hard to do. I guess I'm stupid. :sad:

You will want to make sure the amps for the MH do not exceed the DC8 allowable... :shock: If you are running a few high amps (IE 4-6) then I would suggest to utilize a DC4HD. This unit will allow you to run higher amperage. I use a DC4 and a DC4HD. I use the 4HD for the chiller and my 2 400W MH as well as my VHO's. This allows me to use the DC8 for fans, reactors,2nd pH reading, and other accessories. Hope this helps.. :?

Or if the amps are too high you can use relays and put almost no load on the DC-8.

The switches on the back I believe are how you give the outlet addresses. If I remember right you can make them letters or numbers and they also come into play when you have more then one DC-8. This is from memory so I may be way off on that. :lol:

here is a link to the relays
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=795521

Reefer madness, what do you mean by 2nd PH? I also have the ACJr and would like to monitor and control PH in the Calc Reactor, and also be able to monitor PH in the tank. But I'm thinking it can't be done since there is not another place to plug in a PH probe.

If anyone knows could I use an Aqua Lifter and just run tubing to my sump and have it come on numerous times of the day for topoff without using float switches?

Technically, yes, you can do that. Problem is, evaporation varies based on humidity and ambient temperature. So some days you might put in more water than is needed, some days less than is needed.

Mark,
Sorry for the delay. I have a milwaukee controller that I controll the pH of my calcium reactor. I use the ACJr to monitor pH in the tank itself. Hope that clears it up..

I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering an AC Jr. soon but the Aquatronica keeps tempting me. While the Aquatronica looks like a more flexible system, it doesn't appear to have the bugs worked out, so I guess for this aquarium it will be Neptune Systems for me.