Best Nano Skimmer

there's this new rio nano skimmer that looks like the red sea prizm that's out. i wonder how well that one performs. i sure need one for my new tank.

@Matt wrote:
[I]@elinder wrote:[/I][quote="I'm fixing to purchase a skimmer for my Bio Cube 29 gal. I was wondering what is the better skimmer for it. said:
I have always been pleased with my AquaC Remora on my 30g. I know there are a handful of newer nano skimmers out there so maybe someone else has some other opinions."]

The AQUA C is a hang on right? With the top I couldn't use a hang on.
I know I saw an Tunze for 135.00 and then SAPPHIRE (sp) for like 145.00. They fit in the middle compartment.

Also the Red Sea is a Prizm I think. I don't care for them, if I was going that direction I would just buy the Red Sea Max 34 gal. for 599.00

I have a fission skimmer if you want it i would probably sell it for $15 it works ok certainly not a euroreef or a deltec but it fits in the center section of my nanocube. lmk

I personally don't use a skimmer on my nano. I really think with tanks this small, keeping up with your weekly water changes will take care of all your needs. Just my opinion though. I don't run any kind of filtration on my nano. Just water, LR, and a power head with a 2 gallon water change a week. That has seemed to work well for me.

I've been itching to try one of these. This company is in Houston, and a few were on display at DNA a few weeks ago. (FYI - ordering direct from the store is cheaper than DNA, I suspect) They make a center compartment skimmer for almost every nano that can be used with the tank hood attached . Check em out. I plan to!

http://www.sapphireaquatics.com/store/

I purchased mine at DNA. With my discount it ended up being the same price. I still haven't made up my mind if I like it.

It pulls stuff out. Its just not dark green. I'm still working on getting it dialed in just right. I'm changing the cup about every other day.