Search results

1. B

Bali Green Slimer

July 2005
  2. B

Mg media for CaX

Who is using what in their reactors to supplement magnesium and where are you getting it? Thanks B
  3. B

RTN

This happened tonight or in the last 24 hours. The epicenter is the purple monti dig. It appears to completely gone except for a tiny bit that was isolated from the main body by a dead spot on a branch. Everything close enough to be nearly touching is also dead, including most if not all of...
  4. B

new addition eye candy and joining the rose parade

I finally have a camera again and thought I would throw up a few bad pics.
  5. B

Oregon tort next to an ORA tort

I aquired a piece of Travis Hecht's original Oregon tort a couple of months ago and mounted it next to my ORA tort that has been in my tank for a couple of years. It is brilliantly blue compared to the ORA piece although my picture doesn't capture the color difference very well. It also seems...
  6. B

Ca reactor media - Gen-X C.R.M.

It is coral skeletons. They look like they have been tumbling in the surf for a while. The contents of the jug are damp with fresh water ( I licked it :x )
  7. B

GSP/ricordia/xenia eradication strategy - the nuclear-UPDATE

OK it is not quite nuclear but it was pretty traumatic for me. Before
  8. B

co2 bottle fills in Tarrant Co?

I know Marc gets his done at a liquor store Vincent knows a place that is a welding shop on Abrams in GP I kind of like the idea of the "food grade" that a liquor store must be providing. I wonder if it makes a difference? If Two - Bucks fills bottles I wonder if many liquor stores do? I plan...
  9. B

Ca reactor media

Who is running what and where did you get it?
  10. B

Ca reactors

I've finally been greenlighted to spend the $$ for a calcium reactor! I am pretty sure of which I want but it is awfully pricey. http://www.geosreef.com/ca_618.html Like before with bulbs, I would like to hear some opinions please. ( I went with what I knew btw, 13k geissmanns) Thanks B
  11. B

Buying new de bulbs

I'm going to order some new bulbs this week. I've run Geismann 13ks for the last 18 months and have really liked them, but I think might like to try something different. Can anyone point me to some current comparison sites? Good places to buy? Opinions? Experiences? Thanks B
  12. B

Upscales Fish and Reptiles Tualatin, OR

alt=""> alt=""> 300 gallon acrylic cube display tank. I wish I could have gotten the white balance right, it didnt look blue at all and there are some amazing colors in there. That huge blue colony in the middle is a tort!
  13. B

Mangrove

A few pics of my mangrove... alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> I pull the leaves off before they fall and save them for some growth perspective. There are a couple in the pics above that are almost ready. alt=""> I am beginning to worry that the roots might eventually wreck my refugium!
  14. B

To all who have given,traded, or sold me sps - They are all still here:)

[Pardon my lo-res pics alt=""> alt=""> alt="">]
  15. B

My zoa's are being eaten up by tiny snails - What to do?

[opinions and experiences please!]
  16. B

Trace elements - Strontium, magnesium and ?

[I'm asking all of the sps keepers. Who among us doses magnesium and/or strontium? Or anything else? Whos tests magnesium and /or strontium? Or anything else besides Ca, alk, ph, salinity, P04, NO3 ? I wonder if my growth rate has stalled. I am not sure that it is not just "watching the pot...
  17. B

My first colony! - A small wild collected piece

[I picked this up at Fish Gallery today. I couldnt be happier with it so far. It was brown with purple tips in the store tank. The guy in the store said "thats a nice piece, I'm suprised it lasted this long, I think it is going to be a tricolor" Under my lights what was brown looks more green...
  18. B

M. capricornis - Diverse growth forms

[Two of my caps, different colors, are growing in a completely different way. Speculate for me. Is it different flow patterns or different what? subspecies? pure FM? The orange continues to grow horizontal plates while the green has been growing straight up. The flow IS different, the orange...
  19. B

New additions

[ alt=""> Top down - The glass really distorts the color alt=""> Tips, hint and opinions for keeping them appreciated! :beerchug:]
  20. B

Bring on the sps! - I got my halides up and running

[My stand and canopy have never been much to be proud of, so this mod for DE pendants didnt hurt the looks any. I like it better in fact. Lacking the skills to build a new hood I started out planning to use the Levenson mod :cool grin: but my wife and I were debating hanging them from the...