new addition eye candy and joining the rose parade

Welcome to the cranberry table race! Looking good. I can't remember, do you have dual ended or Mogul bulbs? I really would love to see you try the reeflux bulbs if you have Mogul bulbs or use the Phoenix 14K bulbs if you have dual ended MH's. The colors in your corals would turn INSANE!!!!

Keep up the good work and the pictures!

:p

I can't remember said:
I am not much moved to experiment with bulbs, I have been satisfied with the 13k Giessmanns. This is my second set. New bulbs are a fairly significant investment for me. Whatever I buy I will be stuck with for a year or more.

That being said, it is about time to buy new. The new batch of Giessmanns at PA are 12.5Ks ? I wonder what that is about? A more accurate rating of the same bulb or a slight change from previous manufacturing runs?

Last year I toyed with the idea of trying the 14.5s from Giessmann but stuck with what I knew. I do think I would like a little more blue.

What I really probably need is some actinic supplementation.

On the Phoenix 14ks I just found this on the PA reviews:

4 Amazing color but not much growth over time... 06/12/2006 - by Chris Macaluso from River Ridge said:
That birdsnest is 2+ years of growth from a piece the size and shape of a chicken wishbone. I recently chopped a bunch from the bottom. It was flush with the sand all the way around.

BTW my cranberry table is encrusted around the epoxy since the picture above.