Oregon tort next to an ORA tort

BnG

Membership Expired
I aquired a piece of Travis Hecht's original Oregon tort a couple of months ago and mounted it next to my ORA tort that has been in my tank for a couple of years.

It is brilliantly blue compared to the ORA piece although my picture doesn't capture the color difference very well. It also seems to be a much faster grower.

One more and a bad pic of the mother colony(dead center and as big as a nerf football) taken a year ago when I got to visit the store.

If somebody can tweak the blue balance on the tank pic you will see the kaleidiscope of colors in this 300g acrylic cube.

Marc that is your green with the purlple polyps in the background.

The far left is Nick's blue smurf tricolor(I chopped some pieces off this weekend to give the tort some breathing room) that I got from Peter and the blue on the far right is an A. echinata also aquired from Peter and growing very well.

The left side of my tank is not nearly as impressive... yet. I have room to play on the big flat rock just out of the picture to the right after some rearranging and taking some rock out.

Here's one for some Portland area price and selection envy...

All SPS THIS TANK
$65 or 3 for $100 - correction that says 2 for $100

I stumbled across a nice growth perspective picture while digging up those pics of Upscales.

Taken ~13 months ago. I lost that green piece from Oregon after a flatworm treatment just a few days after this picture was taken.

Looks great Brandon.

Where in Arlington are you? I may need to make a trip over and see that tank for myself, it looks impressive.

Here's one for some Portland area price and selection envy... All SPS THIS TANK $65 or 3 for $100 said:
I went to their shop about 4 weeks ago and you're right the prices are awesome. Plus there's no sales tax in Portland!

Having never seen your tank, here is a possible close picture. I used the black tank back ground, the yellow tail of the tang, and the green slimer for color references. It probably isn't perfect, but it probably isn't too far off either. (At least for a picture. :) I have a feeling that no picture will ever do this tank justice!! :D )

Sunfun

I wish, but that is not my tank. I was trying to show the mother colony of the tort frag.

Your tweak does give us a better idea of the colors I saw with my eye thanks.

That colony dead in the center is huge and blueberry colored.

Upscales is the LFS that supplies the torts...

http://www.upscales.com

And the pic of the tank you posted is older because I saw it when I was there last and the cube it's in is packed with colony's now and they had to take out the massive clam.

P5230025.jpg
alt="">

P5230030.jpg
alt="">

And the pic of the tank you posted is older because I saw it when I was there last and the cube it's in is packed with colony's now and they had to take out the massive clam. said:
Yes. The tank hadn't even been set up very long at that time.

I was there August of last year and picked out some stuff and had it shipped.

The Pacific Northwest MAS, annual I think, meeting was the last day I was in town at Weasts' house but I couldn't get away to make it.

This year my wife and kids went but I didn't get to go. I picked some frags online and Travis picked the rest.

I got 5 frags shipped(FEDEX Priority Overnight) for $200 including a couple of premium ones, the tort and an encrusting monti called "purple grimace".

Where in Arlington are you? I may need to make a trip over and see that tank for myself said:
WoW!!! I'd love to come see you tank in person! said:
I am near 287 and Turner Warnell

Come on down. Bring me something nice and I will hook you up.

Brandon, I should come over and take some pictures for you. I can't tell which coral is which in this thread, but that doesn't matter. You've been doing a fantastic job with your corals. Hope your wife is well, tell her hi from me.

yeah I went to upscales in sept they had great deals when i was there you could chose four frags for $80, the oregon tort was not one you could choose from... I was going to buy some but did not know how to bring it on the plane as we could not bring liquids on board....From what I hear there is a guy that sells fish and coral in Vancouver but by appointment only but has really good deals too.

I dont know if you noticed but I think alot of their stuff seemed to be under vho's that really surprised me