RTN

BnG

Membership Expired
This happened tonight or in the last 24 hours.

The epicenter is the purple monti dig. It appears to completely gone except for a tiny bit that was isolated from the main body by a dead spot on a branch.

Everything close enough to be nearly touching is also dead, including most if not all of the pink stylophora and a branch of the tort.

I turkey basted the area after these first four pics and tissue sloughed off of everything affected. The stylophora looks completely gone now. I hope I didnt not spread the whatever around the tank to other pieces!

With this comparison photo I notice that even the xenia that was to the left of the digitata is gone.

You cant see in the photos but that stalk of xenia is a melted stump.

I wonder if it was the stalk of xenia that started it? Just speculation. It could have very well been the digitata that looked like it was getting pretty well shaded that may have gone first.

Watch out RTN spreads quick to other touching corals. I learned the hard way...

http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=26303&highlight=rtn

That is very similar Bill. I had forgotten about your thread, but that is exactly what I am seeing. I expect my tort may be gone in the morning.

I snipped a couple of frags, and am hoping it doesnt get any farther.

The back side of my birdsnest has a couple of burnt off tips as well.

It is odd that even the xenia is gone. That xenia has been around that digi piece for more than a year. I have even had to pull it back from growing over it before.

ORA tort frags i saved this morning.

It is in the birdsnest and A. echinata as well. I am going to chop those up tonight.

Ouch... One of those enigmous mysteries still remaining in our hobby, sorry to see this happening, but glad to see you're fragging what you can instead of doing what I've done and just keep hoping they'll recover on their own until it's all gone... :cry:

It is happening WAY too fast to hope that it will get better on its own.

Every three or four hours is noticably worse.