GSP/ricordia/xenia eradication strategy - the nuclear-UPDATE

The plan

I pulled all the rocks that were covered in junk and set them up in a seperate tank with no lights. I hope to cook off all the light dependant stuff without absolutely killing everything. I am going to cover the outside with black poster board.

If this doesn't work I will get medieval and set them out in the driveway for a couple of days and then cycle them in here.

Thanks to Glenn, Tri, and Ron for the equipment loans.

What about trading the rocks at a LFS for store credit? I think they pay pretty well for xenia. You may be able to get some new rock and pick up a new coral or 2.
-Chuck

What about trading the rocks at a LFS for store credit? said:
They are three big, very unique Marshall Island pieces that I am not willing to part with.

I did take a bunch of gsp up that peeled of in sheets from the back glass and other places up to Vincent.

Did you have a lot of breakage while moving the rocks? I talked to Phillip about your offer and he would like to swing by to take a look at your tank.

What do you mean there's an invasion of Xenia, and GSP?

There's this huge invasion of those big twiggy looking corals all over the place. Hehe, sorry I couldn't help it. There's not hardly enough room for all growing softies.

I dont know why Tri loves that stuff. One of these days, the 560 will have a ton of that stuff too grow all over the palce.

That's when we're going to have a big sell. Otherwise, I'd end off nuking them too if they are all over the tank.

I talked to Phillip about your offer and he would like to swing by to take a look at your tank. said:
Just hold off till I'm done with the skimmer. I will hook you up.

I'm about to go that route. It's further complicated by having some of my favorite light loving corals on the same rocks.

Beautiful tank! I can't seem to keep xenia alive to save my life, so at least I don't have that to worry about!