Bring on the sps! - I got my halides up and running

BnG

Membership Expired
[My stand and canopy have never been much to be proud of, so this mod for DE pendants didnt hurt the looks any. I like it better in fact.

Lacking the skills to build a new hood I started out planning to use the Levenson mod :cool grin:
but my wife and I were debating hanging them from the vaulted ceiling with the lid removed when this idea was born.

I dont think its an original idea, I'm sure its been done before, but I am definitely happy with the way it turned out.

That crossmeber looks a little bowed in the picture, maybe it is, but I dont see it in person.

DSC00002.JPG
alt="">]

[Dang bright, it is! Very nice. What color spectrum did you go with? Are these Double Ended (DE) or Single Ended (SE or Mogul) bulbs? What wattage did you go with, and how far off the water are they?]

[13k Geismann de

They are 10" from lens to the water, which is as high as I can go without rebuilding

The color looks perfect, not too blue nor too yellow. I've been told that the PAR on these bulbs is near 65ks.

theyve only been up for a couple of hours but it looks like I'm gonna run cooler like this as opposed to PCs in an enclosed hood. I can feel the heat beaming down on the back of neck right now though :p]

[I'm not sure if I like it. I had a headache after sitting in front of it for a while last night :very sad:

MIchael you should come buy and check it out. I'll give you a cleaner shrimp for an sps frag :)]

[Brandon, if you increase the height of the canopy walls to shield your eyes, you'll avoid the blinding issues. Leave the top open to allow heat to rise out, and perhaps add doors to the front panel for easy access.]

[
Brandon said:
That assumes I have the basic woodworking skills to pull all that off, I don't :)

I sit close enough that I dont think it is pendant to eyeball that is geeting me anyway, but rather light from the tank up close.

my solution....
shades.JPG
alt="">

works like a champ heh]

Edited By b&g on 1095624263