Search results

1. T

home made fish food?

i was wondering if u make your own food what u make it out of? ive heard of people getting like squid but didnt know what other fish could be put in it. my friend asked me if they would eat tuna? would think it would be ok but never tryed it. i have given them sea weed sheets from grocery store...
  2. T

bad idea? vortec water?

ok i have a room divider tank with over flow on end ,so was wanting to see if u guys would say its bad idea to build a box out of acrylic to put down into the over flow to be able to put vortec in and so i can have pumps at that end of the tank also. the box would be few inchs taller then water...
  3. T

clowns layed eggs

ok so i finally found my clowns have layed eggs if the anything i can do ? there in tank with lot of other fish is problem. wont everything eat them
  4. T

best 250w bulb

time for new bulbs i have xm 10k now i use too have a 12k bulb dont remember brand it was but was lil more blues then the 10k almost looked 14 or more? whats the good single ended now i think i want more 10-12 cause of growth?
  5. T

base rock / stone?

is there a brick or stone i can put in my tank to build up the base of my rock? cant remember what it is. dont they have a limestone rock or will like a cender block type brick work?
  6. T

shrimp and coral ?

ok will peppermint or fire shrimp eat coral? i got a acan colony and at night i have come down to look in the tank to see the shrimp on the colony and what looks like they are picking the flesh off. there is a little spot where the acan got set under the sand on one head and was dying off but...
  7. T

generic ph probe

any one had problems with generic probe from reefgeek? i bought a generic ph probe from reef geek put it in calibrated it, seemed to be working fine its been maybe almost 2 months and now the thing is reading like 2.5 to 4 ? so i recalibrated it again but really dont know if it is good again...
  8. T

where to buy plastic valve

ok so i have a trash can with a 1 1/2 inch hole drilled into it and want to put a valves on it. cant find one at hd or lowes i know someone has one cause guy i got this from had a valve on it. i was thinking of getting a bulk head but dont know if it would work cause can isn't 100% flat. i know...
  9. T

any one know about JBJ chiller

i found a JBJ Arctica 1/2 hp chiller few month old will it work great for 300g? i found somewhere online that had said they were made for cold water tanks? http://www.aquariumsupplystore.com/Productspages/JbJ-Arctica_chillers.htm
  10. T

silicone to use

so resealing a tank whats the best to use nowa days not taking it fully apart. i did a search for this and found one Marc was saying there was company in the local lfs list but i didnt see it
  11. T

ac jr help question

ok so i noticed today on my ac jr the temp is showing 121 i tried turning it off and unplugging the temp probe ?
  12. T

Vortech Battery BU ?

so after the last major storm i read a lot of peoples battery back up didn't work right? i am wondering if it worth buying one ? if your didnt work how long had it been since u tested it out? it might be good to every month unplug the pump to put it to work?
  13. T

lowering ph

i tried looking for this info but cant seem to find what im looking for. How do u lower the ph this is something i really have never payed much attention to mine seemed to stay around 8.4-8.5 but i have been noticing it getting up to 8.8 especially when i dose. but was reading it should be...
  14. T

Easy Blade omg !!

omg i picked up a easy blade from Franks Tanks today. i dont know how i ever lived with out this thing. my coraline will take over my glass in weeks if i let it this thing cleaned it up in sec's and i didnt have to get me hand wet at all . oh just fyi Frank is out of stock as...
  15. T

pc ballast wiring

ok so i have a pfo box for my 2 96 watt pc it went out so i open it up looks like prier owner rewired it to run off one ballast and took the other out? ballast has no info on it. i have anther box from custom sea life with 2 work horse 5 ballast in it. each one will run 1 96 watt bulb i plan to...
  16. T

overflow snail guard

for all of u that have drilled a tank on the top back and use a angle as your overflow i thought of this to put in it to be a overflow snail guard i just cut up a piece of egg create and it slide right in. after making the overflow piece first of course
  17. T

is it a problem to add a Anemone to the tank ?

ok so i have had my 110g up and running over 3 years i plumbed a 40g into it put new live sand and 99% cooked rock i was thinking starting with live sand i wouldnt get a cycle i am getting brown spots on my rock and sand after 3 weeks. i already have fish, sps and zoas in the tank. do u think...
  18. T

clown feed Anemone

pretty cool i put some chopped silver side in the tank and watched my clown fight and grab it up and take it to feed the anemone i knew they would feed them but have never seen it
  19. T

new live sand

i bought new live sand and thought the purpose of this was so the sand dont go threw a cycle? but it is starting to get brown on top ever so slightly
  20. T

Scotts 38g addition

ok so i plumbed my old 38g seam less bow front into my already set up 110g. i have been putting this off so long cause i needed a new stand well i was to lazy to build the stand or inpatient and put it on a tv stand i had bought for it whats messed up is i actually bought the wood to build the...