shrimp and coral ?

ok will peppermint or fire shrimp eat coral? i got a acan colony and at night i have come down to look in the tank to see the shrimp on the colony and what looks like they are picking the flesh off. there is a little spot where the acan got set under the sand on one head and was dying off but they are not just on that one spot

@the floor guy wrote:
ok will peppermint or fire shrimp eat coral? i got a acan colony and at night i have come down to look in the tank to see the shrimp on the colony and what looks like they are picking the flesh off. there is a little spot where the acan got set under the sand on one head and was dying off but they are not just on that one spot said:
You answered your own question :) Fire Shrimp and Cleaners generally will not touch corals. Peps will clean up dead tissue though and I would be willing to bet the others would given the opportunity or lack of more tasty morsels. What you need to do is isolate the coral if possible so it can heal properly without being pestered. What happens is that they will continue to clean up, but that will continue to irritate the coral and cause more dead tissue.. its a cycle that ends up with the coral dead and the shrimp with the title of coral eater/killers. When a coral is stressed, they produce a mucus and that is what they are eating on the other parts.. that activity will also cause dead tissue or recession. Its a cycle that you need to break.

I'd also put a piece of krill or some meaty food into the tank to distract and feed the shrimp while the coral heals.