Vortech Battery BU ?

so after the last major storm i read a lot of peoples battery back up didn't work right? i am wondering if it worth buying one ? if your didnt work how long had it been since u tested it out? it might be good to every month unplug the pump to put it to work?

I've got a Vortech battery backup. I recently had the power flicker in my house and didn't notice the vortech even skip a beat. Haven't had an outage of more than two seconds though.

I have one and it's worked great ... I don't know about others who have "had" issues ... but I read that you can't lay it on its side. It has to be upright or inverted so the cells don't dry out.

i had mine since the date they were released, so it was a bit old and i cant say i ever bothered to test it. so im probably lucky i got the 3 hours out of it i did. hankzillas was maybe half that age and did not work at all if i remember correctly.

I haven't tried it, but here's a link I bookmarked awhile back on DIY'ing a Vortech battery backup - http://is.gd/1FE7y

One of my power supplies went out last week, and while I was waiting for the new one to arrive, the pump ran on my IceCap Battery Backup the entire time. I was surprised it lasted until today, since that was about 5 days total. Granted, the BB was plugged in and being topped off all the time, but the Vortech ran in backup mode the entire duration.