best 250w bulb

time for new bulbs i have xm 10k now i use too have a 12k bulb dont remember brand it was but was lil more blues then the 10k almost looked 14 or more? whats the good single ended now i think i want more 10-12 cause of growth?

I too use to run XM 10k but was looking for something around a 12k and switched to Phoenix 14k, both on ARO ballasts. The Phoenix turned out to be a tad bit to blue for me. You’re more than welcome to come by to take a look.

@the floor guy wrote:
time for new bulbs i have xm 10k now i use too have a 12k bulb dont remember brand it was but was lil more blues then the 10k almost looked 14 or more? whats the good single ended now i think i want more 10-12 cause of growth? said:
Your 12K may have been a Reeflux and it will be more blue compared to a XM10K. You may also want to look at the AquaMaxx 14K bulbs that will be close to the Reeflux in color. I have used all three and currently running the AquaMaxx 14K's.

I am very happy with the color output on my reflux 20k 175w.
XM just didn't have the color i was looking for.

Years ago i used Hamilton and Ushio, and those were very nice bulbs for 12-14k range.

one thing that is a negative with reeflux 12k on the 250 watt version is they have really bad par for a 12k bulb. I would look at the aquamaxx bulbs

not trying to thread jack....but any1 have feedback on the 175w reflux? i dont have any issues like that on my 175w.

@PFS_faceless wrote:
not trying to thread jack....but any1 have feedback on the 175w reflux? i dont have any issues like that on my 175w. said:
for 175 the best bulb is iwasaki 15k it will blow away majority of 250watt bulbs in par

just ordered one:)
been doing some reading because i was looking for another 175, they say those are a little closer to 10k on magnetic ballast but you are right
here is a nice link for this thread

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/lighting

@kuyatwo wrote:
[I]@PFS_faceless wrote:[/I][quote="not trying to thread jack....but any1 have feedback on the 175w reflux? i dont have any issues like that on my 175w. said:
for 175 the best bulb is iwasaki 15k it will blow away majority of 250watt bulbs in par"]

You couple the Iwasaki with the Icecap 175w electronic ballast perfect combo [smilie=clapping.gif]