bad idea? vortec water?

ok i have a room divider tank with over flow on end ,so was wanting to see if u guys would say its bad idea to build a box out of acrylic to put down into the over flow to be able to put vortec in and so i can have pumps at that end of the tank also. the box would be few inchs taller then water level

wouldnt you be blocking the teeth of the overflow. if anything build a box that sits next to the overflow and inside the tank and make it flush with the overflow

The Polario may work better in this application, it has a magnet mount and you could mount it lower down on the overflow. http://www.marinedepot.com/Taam_Rio_Polario_Turbine_Dual_Action_Programmable_Aqua_Pump_Powerhead_Adjustable_Flow_Aquarium_Powerheads-TAAM-TA3811-FIPHAD-vi.html

Cheers,

There is a guy in Houston on RC that built his overflow kind of whacky so he could put his vortech in his overflow... he moved the teeth for the overflow to the side I do believe.. it was quite interesting..

ya sure it would block some of the teeth but my tank is 24 deep and the over flow goes the whole way so i dont think it would hurt anything and i i only have mag 12 for return

If the motor ever gets wet, it's done for. No warranty replacement either. Your dry box must stay dry at all times.