Search results

1. C

Litermeter , Loc-line and Metal Halides for sale

Litermeter 3 and two remote pumps - 60$  Metal halide set - 100$ (2)Coralvue 250w electronic ballast(2)Large Lumenbright reflectors(2)12K Bulbs A pair of 3/4" locline approx 8" each with threaded adapter - 10$  Located in Keller.
  2. C

Pyramidellidea snails?

I would appreciate a few more opinions. What do you guys think. I was over at clams direct looking at photos of pyramid snail and they seem to be a little different than what I have, they dont have the "raised texture" my snails seem to have? Maybe infant ceriths? Each line is a 16th...
  3. C

green slimer went pale in days

Were going to need some more info from you. Are the other corals SPS also? Are you running stronger lighting than what the frag came from? What do your parameters look like?
  4. C

Reefcrystals users, need some input please.

I have a batch that is mixing up to about 11.5 to 12.0 Dkh at. Is this normal?
  5. C

AC3 to internet help

I am having some trouble getting into the ac3 from the web. I am pretty sure its becuase I dont know how to use the dyndns site. I can access the ac3 by manually putting in my wan ip and external port (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy) but when I try to use the dns I time out. I created a host domain and...
  6. C

Moving a large birdsnest!

I decided my ORA green birdnest was taking up too much room in my 120 so I sold it to another member. It was nuts trying to get it out of the tank. While I had one foot on my stand and another on the ladder trying to get my lights out of the way, Donnie was holding the rock the birdnest was...
  7. C

Fungus?

Ive had this copperband for approx a month and he appears healthy except for the white growths on his fins. I have a hospital tank filling now and plan to move him as soon as I have a plan of action. alt=""> Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
  8. C

Fishing in your kitchen!

I built this out of some scrap I had laying around. Its a rough copy of a commercial version, I had some 6 in tube and it made for a [LARGE] trap. At one point I had two wrasse and a foxface in it. :lol: After about 10 minutes I caught the Sailfin I was after. alt="">
  9. C

Trouble locating a CO2 tank.

I cant seem to find one locally, I checked with home depot and the have 10 lb bottles but they are not food/beverage grade. I have found them online but I was hoping to find one locally and get it filled. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  10. C

Caulacanthus ustulatus - HELP

Anyone had any experience getting rid of this stuff. I found the ID on Marc's Identification page and it explains it perfect. It is very brittle and any place it lands it latches on. I have been manually removing but it is starting to get serious. If I dont find a way to get it under...
  11. C

In wall 120 gal UPDATE

I have been at this project for a while now and decided since it is up and running I would like to share it with the rest of the group. I have to blame Marc for this build because after helping him move his 280 I had to have a seperate room to house the equipment, heat , humidity, and noise not...
  12. C

Retro fitting doors on a canopy.

[A member contacted me about retro fitting some doors on the front of his flip top canopy, he was tired of raising the lights to feed or do any other tank maint. I routed two solid peices of oak to make the doors, then used european hinge hardware to attach the doors to the openings I made on...
  13. C

Need some input. - Water change drain

[I have the opportunity to plumb up a drain to the tank that would tie into a sink drain for water changes. I was wondering where to tie the drain into, I thought about plumbing into the return pump with a ball valve, but this would only pump out about 12 gallons( capacity of the return section...
  14. C

Wow! nice tank

[LINK]
  15. C

For your viewing pleasure - Plumbing pics

[I thought I would post a few pics of the tank plumbed and being water tested. Does everyone get this nervous the first time you water test in the house, I triple checked the tank and sump outside before I even brought it in the house, but I was still nervous. I only had one leak, where I...
  16. C

Load bearing walls

[What makes the wall load bearing? What would I be looking for in the attic?]
  17. C

Some pics and i also need plumbing advice

[With all this talk about cavitation and different size plumbing to remedy these troubles I figured I would get some advice before I got started. I have two 1.25" dursos threded into 1" bulkheads. I was going to continue the drains with unions, ballvalves and spaflex in 1.25" plumbing. The...
  18. C

Anybody thinking of using 400w de?

[I was over at RC and they were talking about the 400W DE pendants w/fans runing extremly cool. I was just wondering if anyone else had any opinions.]
  19. C

The canopy!

[Well its been hot in the garage so I have been LAZY! I finally got all the trim work done and the door all worked out. Right now it has its first coat of finish on, which is a 50/50 mix of poly and mineralspirts. This coat locks the grain in place and also gives the canopy a better chance...
  20. C

Sequence reeflo - Enough pump?

[Do you think these pumps have enough flow to run a skimmer(pm bullet) and return 1000-1200gph to the tank. I will have about 4-5ft of head ad two outlets on the return, the skimmer will need about 1000-1200 gph also. Maybe the Hammerhead?]