Moving a large birdsnest!

chrisT

Membership Expired
I decided my ORA green birdnest was taking up too much room in my 120 so I sold it to another member. It was nuts trying to get it out of the tank. While I had one foot on my stand and another on the ladder trying to get my lights out of the way, Donnie was holding the rock the birdnest was on. All of a sudden a 9.5 in cantelope sized coral breaks from the rock and falls to the bottom of the tank!!! :shock:

But as you can see it all turned out well.

011.jpg
alt="">

010-1.jpg
alt="">

Cool! Did you keep a frag of it so that you can regrow it? said:
I still have three or four frags mounted to plugs to grow a new colony. Plus I have a couple of stray frags from the fall laying around the tank. :lol:

Man thats is a sweet colony!!! Got any pics of what it looked like back in the day? said:
No I didnt think to take any photos of it in the tank before we pulle dit out.

Well first off i have to say hats off to Tippit (ChrisT). There is a long story that i will not go into but Chris and i used to be running buddies in highschool and had much of the same thing in common...football, beer, ladies and hotrods. he had a 60 model mustang and then a fox body and i had a 66 charger and good times.

I lost touch with chris and when i asked for volunteers to show up this guy in NRH said....beer, pizza, and big tank...count me in. So not knowing all of the people on the forum and trying to put names with faces i was trying to see who we are missing. Well low and behold Chris shows up and walks into my drive and says.....Donnie....what the hell are you doing here. I said.....I live here....from then on it has been great times. He has a great tank and awesome family so thank you chris for helping me move.... :cry: :cry: :cry: enough with the wimpy, sappy, comso reading bull crap..lets get back to the CORAL :lol:

When i saw his tank i thought it was the prettiest coral that i have everseen and have always wanted the coral even when it was half the size. So when he said he was thinking about posting i told him i would slash his car tires if he did, so he better sell it to me. So i picked it up and it is so frickin awesome. He has some really rare LE stuff but that is not for me. Here are the pics in my tank, not as nice as chris's first pic but i can assure you it looks just like the one in the first picture but only twice the size!

Chris, thank you for becoming a great friend and selling me this coral!

That's one awesome looking colony. I have my eye on a small frag like that right now and am probably going to pick it up tomorrow as my first SPS. I hope one day it looks that good. :)

For the record, it's no larger than one branch on that colony and it's around $50!!