Fishing in your kitchen!

chrisT

Membership Expired
I built this out of some scrap I had laying around. Its a rough copy of a commercial version, I had some 6 in tube and it made for a [LARGE] trap. At one point I had two wrasse and a foxface in it. :lol: After about 10 minutes I caught the Sailfin I was after.

DSC_0003.jpg
alt="">

He was loaned to me to take care of an algae problem I had. I was loaned a Fox face and the sail fin and the original owner did not want them back due to the fox face was a clam nipper and he already had a large sail fin. So they were sold to a good home.

Give me some more details on that sliding part in the front. I need to make one for me to catch my sailfin.

Keith

The door is a peice of 1/8 in plexi from home depot. I sandwiched two 1/4 in pieces together with thin strips of 1/4 in leaving me a slot down the middle that allows the 1/8 in plexi to slide up and down. I tied fishing line to the door with a fishing weight on the end that hangs outside the tank to hold the door open. When the subject enters I just released the tension and then fish FREAK OUT, but it was better than chasing them all over the tank with a net. Ill get some pictures up tonight.

Chris,

Sorry I didnt know he had a thing for zoas. Are they at least earning their keep? Need to borrow the trap?

No biggie. I moved the zoas to the Refugium until they start earning their keep. They love nori.
I enjoy watching them though. they are great entertainment. Once they have done their job I will sell them.