AC3 to internet help

chrisT

Membership Expired
I am having some trouble getting into the ac3 from the web. I am pretty sure its becuase I dont know how to use the dyndns site. I can access the ac3 by manually putting in my wan ip and external port (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy) but when I try to use the dns I time out. I created a host domain and try to enter it in the browser as www.myaccount.dyndns.org:externalport <---- is this correct? I have tried using my wan ip and AC3 ip on the dyndns account.

You may need to use a port other than 80. I have verizon fios and they block port 80 so I had to do port forwarding to another one via my router. Also restart(under network setup) your ACIII after any change's to make them "take".

Cheers,

Chris, from a computer outside your network, van you put in http://w.x.y.z:port and get to your AC3? (PM it to me if you want me to try).

If so, then you may need to check the settings in the dyndns client. I don't recommend folks use the dyndns client built in to their routers / residential gateways. They seem to be flaky.

@Ashlar wrote:
Ashlar

Im not sure what my ip is anymore since its dynamic, but was able to access the ac3 with the ip and extternal port when i was messing with it this weekend. I am glad you said something about the dyn in the router. I set mine up but was under the impression that the router would automatically update my dyndns.org account.

When you get home, you can check your external ip address and ping it to me, along with whatever port you chose, and I can check it from here.

I highly recommend the PC client for dyndns, if you have a pc that's always on and online.

Thanks Ashlar the other dns site was alot more user friendly and I got it going. Thanks again for your help.