Search results

1. N

Looking for Chaetomorpha or Feather Caulerpa

In Mansfield, Arlington or Plano areas. Will pay the usual going rate for them.Thanks!
  2. N

How to quickly find all new/unread posts?

The old forum has a "new posts" link where I can click it and see all new/unread posts. It also has "mark all forums read" link. I cannot seem to find the same functionality here. Am I missing something obvious or is there a different way to do the same here?Thanks,Khoa
  3. N

Naso tang not eating

The fish is about 6". I got it at the end of May. Spent about a month in quarantine, and did really well there. Ate like a pig, but only nori sheet. I added 3 yellow tangs about 2 weeks ago and the Naso suddenly won't eat anything. The Yellow tangs are all 1/2 its size and there are no fighting...
  4. N

What kind of snail is this?

I have no idea where this snail come from, but it looks interesting. Anybody knows what this is? IMG_1446.JPG IMG_1446.JPG
  5. N

Fighting cyano

I'm losing the battle of getting rid of cynao and can use a bit of help from the experts! I've dosed Chemiclean twice, two weeks apart and 50% of water change after each time. Cyano would clear up for a few days then come back with a vengeance. Yesterday, I treated the tank with Cyano solution...
  6. N

Need help with possible SPS bugs

Two of my month old SPS frags bleached from the base up this week! Looking closely at the tank, I see many small crustaceans, but they don't look like the dreaded red bugs or AEFW. Anyone knows what these guys might be? I don't see them on the healthy SPS (yet). Crawling on the bare SPS...
  7. N

Another discussion on Ich

Yes, I've re-read on the Ich topics many times over and I'm restarting the topic and looking for some advice and opinions! Back in August, I had a total tank crash (all the pumps died while I was out on vacation). Everything died! After several rounds of bleach, the tank was cycled for 6 weeks...
  8. N

Total crash

I went on a 7-day cruise and came back to a total tank crash [smilie=crying.gif] All of my fish and coral are gone!!! I think there was a storm in the Grand Prairie area that knocked power out for a few hours. When power came back, it managed to trip the circuit breaker that feeds the main...
  9. N

Feeding Lyretail Anthias

I have 6 Lyretail Anthias that have been in my 210 for about 5 months now. However, I can't seem to fatten them up. All other fish (Power Blue, Flame Angel, 7 Green Chromis, 2 False Perc) are all fat and happy. I feed once a day, 2 cubes of various mix (Angel and Butterfly food, H2O fish reef #1...
  10. N

Khoa's 210 AGA build log

It started as a 120 AGA tank move. Then as the 120 sit in the house dry, waiting to be plumbed, DeMarcus (DeMarcusR) posted his 210 tank for sale/trade. After some hesitation (I wanted 250+ starfire), I decided the price is right and contacted DeMarcus, didn't think he'll do the trade though...
  11. N

Need a recommendation on LED

I want to replace my 250 MH with LED equivalent. I know some folks here have done a switch and would like to hear your opinions, please. The tank is 72" W x 24" D x 26" H. I prefer 3 separate LED fixtures over the 3 openings so that I can gradually switch them over because I want to evaluate one...
  12. N

Looking for Scott Comstock contact info

I need to have a wood facade built for my steel stand. Does anyone have Scott's or his company contact info? Thanks,
  13. N

120 AGA tank move

Well, we moved out of the house almost a month ago and I finally moved my live stock into a holding tank. I had a floor drain put into my "closet" which is used as a fish room. The room is 4'x5', so space is tight, but this is the only logical place to setup. Here's what the fish room looks...
  14. N

Powder Blue tang is restless

I bought a large Powder Blue tang (6"+) from LiveAquaria over a week ago. The fish is big, fat, and healthy, but will NOT eat. He as relatively calm until yesterday when I had to move some rocks to clean up algae issues. I left the lights off all days yesterday. The fish has been restless in...
  15. N

Serious tank crash

I've been fighting GHA for quite sometimes with little success. So, two weekends ago, I decided to do something drastic. I took all the rock out, scrubbed each of them with a brand new nylon brush. I used tank water and the Rubbermaid container that I always use to change water to scrub the...
  16. N

Borrowing PAR meter for a day

Well, I missed the PAR meter group buy and would like to borrow yours for just a day to compare the PAR between my current magnetic ballasts and the new Icecap I just got. I work in Richardson and live in Arlington, so just about any place in the metroplex will work. Please let me know. Thanks,
  17. N

Reef Crystals test numbers

I'm having a bit of algae problem in my tank which is out of balance due to lack of tests. I've always relied on Reef Crystals to replenish trace elements. I tested a day-old salt mix yesterday and found some disturbing numbers, SG at 1.025 pH: 8.2 Alk: 9.0 Mg: 960 Ca: 300 Mg and Ca are way...
  18. N

Big worm

I caught this guy today in my 120 G tank. I remember seeing a post about one just like this, but can't seem to get any details... Here are two pics Head (or tail) section alt=""> Full size alt="">
  19. N

Running a new electrical circuit

My office which has the 120 & 75 G only has one 15A circuit. It is adjacent to the garage which is where the main breaker is. I already run a line through the wall so that my MH ballasts are in the garage, but the AC receptacle is still attached to this single 15A circuit. I want to run another...
  20. N

How to control buble algae

I've been too busy at work to be able to control bubble algae in my tank. Just about every piece of LR has lots of them. I have 3 - 6 emeral crabs in the tank, but they don't seem to care for the algae. Any other option? The MHs are 2 10K 250W. They are less than a year old. pH is about 8.20...