Powder Blue tang is restless

nobody

Membership Expired
I bought a large Powder Blue tang (6"+) from LiveAquaria over a week ago. The fish is big, fat, and healthy, but will NOT eat. He as relatively calm until yesterday when I had to move some rocks to clean up algae issues. I left the lights off all days yesterday.

The fish has been restless in the past 24 hours, swing around in circles, darting at times.

Is there anything I can do to calm him down and get him to eat? Stressing and no eating won't go too well for Power Blue.

This is a 120G tank with 1 Regal tang, 2 clowns, 1 Flame Angel, and this new Powder Blue. No aggression has been seen from other fish towards this new addition.

Thanks,

Khoa

Thats normal behavior for them... along with Sohals, Achilles etc. These are very active fish and quite hyper in behavior.

I have just purchased a powder blue as well. Same nature as with your fish. Mine seems to be doing fine, swimming in and out of caves. He went CRAZY when i added my clown tang though.

As said before, the powder blues tend to be more active. I have two myself (different tanks of course) and they have maintained there darting/restlessness since day one. Now the eating problem is just that, a problem. I personally use a vitamin additive for nutrition, but for attraction I use a garlic additive. Has not failed me with any of my fish (Powder blue, Achilles, Moorish Idol, Hippo, Naso, Purple and Yellow Tangs). Also try different types of food. What works for one may not work for another.

DU