Borrowing PAR meter for a day

nobody

Membership Expired
Well, I missed the PAR meter group buy and would like to borrow yours for just a day to compare the PAR between my current magnetic ballasts and the new Icecap I just got.

I work in Richardson and live in Arlington, so just about any place in the metroplex will work.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

@JHawk82 wrote:
any update on this? said:
On what part?

No, I did not get to borrow any PAR meter and have decided that my curiosity is not that important. My current magnetic ballasts work well, but I couldn't pass up a good deal on Icecap, so measuring PAR is not a must.

I don't believe the discussion on our club getting one and loan/rent out has gone past "this seems to be a good idea" state.

Thanks,

well that's why I'm asking i bought one, I'm mean ya i could just let people use it but if i could rent it out for small fee to re-cup some cost of buying it seeing as i wont use it that often and for any future calibrating it might need. there would also have to be some kind of rules, if it was picked up from me it would need it back in timely manner and it would have to be to someone that is member not just any Joe who could just not bring it back.

It might be wiser for you to go with your meter to the tank in question, do the testing with that person, and come home with it.

I've not volunteered my new meter yet because I've not even tested my tank yet, nor have I even made the acrylic handle.

I think this could work if we did a full deposit. Not sure what everyone paid but maybe 50-75 deposit. Then all but 10 dollars is refundable if returned within predetermined time range. I just think it would take all of the guess work out of where to place corals. If you knew the par value the coral was currently at you would know exactly where to place it in your tank. What's the chance this could actually happen?