Feeding Lyretail Anthias

nobody

Membership Expired
I have 6 Lyretail Anthias that have been in my 210 for about 5 months now. However, I can't seem to fatten them up. All other fish (Power Blue, Flame Angel, 7 Green Chromis, 2 False Perc) are all fat and happy. I feed once a day, 2 cubes of various mix (Angel and Butterfly food, H2O fish reef #1 and #2, H2O 50/50+).

What do you feed your Anthias to keep them fat, dumb, and happy?

Thanks,

you need to feed them more. i was told to feed mine 3-4 times a day mine are fat and healthy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

We throw pellets in our tank most every morning then will feed either our home made food or rods food in the evening. But we do try to feed them twice a day.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Change food types? Anthias like smaller food types, NBBS, pearls, rotifers, reef roids, etc. Zooplankton stuffles.

I feed them, and the rest of the tank, NLS pellets about 3 to 4 times a day. My feeding starts when I get home from work, about 3:00 p.m. I'll usually feed 3 to 4 times between 3:00 p.m .and 10:00 p.m. So every couple of hours. Plus, a couple of times a week, I'll thaw out a couple of cubes of mysis and soak in Selcon, then feed that one evening.

I feed mine 3 times a day a mix of small pellets, mysis, spirulina brine and blood worms. Every Friday I buy some live brine from DNA to feed them over the weekend, they love it!

Thanks for the replies. I was expecting multiple times a day feeding schedule. The challenge is that other fish in the tank gobble food up quickly and I'm trying to not over feed. I'm going to experiment with different food to see if it helps.