Search results

1. B

ATB Flowstar Pump needs repaired or replaced

Hey guys, Need some quick help! I've been using an ATB Flowstar 1500 pump for the past 7 years and yesterday it started having issues. Do they sell parts for them still? If not can you guys recommend a decent submersible pump? Would like to spend less than $200. Here's the specs on what...
  2. B

Downtown Disney fish tank bursts

Everyone's worst nightmare! [smilie=shake.gif] http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/18/travel/disney-fish-tank-bursts/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
  3. B

Where to find healthy fish in North Dallas?

Unfortunately my magnificent foxface got stuck some behind some rocks this weekend and died, so I plan doing some water changes over the next few weeks to clean up the water and then replace him with another fish. I would like to get another foxface or tang as a replacement, so I was wondering...
  4. B

Flatworm Exit in North Dallas

Does anyone know where I can find Salifert's Flatworm Exit in North Dallas? I've got a small population of them growing in my tank and I want to kill them before things get out of control. [smilie=devil.gif] Thanks!
  5. B

Where to get Harlequin Shrimp?

Do any of the LFS in North Dallas sell harlequins? I have a huge breakout of Asternia stars In my tank and I need to get them in check. [smilie=wink.gif]
  6. B

Coming home is always scary...

Coming home from being out of town always make me nervous and unfortunately this time I had some casualties. Not sure why but all of my Seriatopora (Bird’s Nest) colonies RTN'd while I was gone over the weekend. All of the other corals (soft and SPS) are doing fine, but for some reason the...
  7. B

Spaghetti Coral - Sinularia

Has anyone seen one of these in a LFS lately or know someone that has one? It's white/tan in color and has seem to become more rare. I had one years ago and haven't been able to find one in the last year. Here's a pic: alt="">
  8. B

Ned to borrow 20gal tank to treat for red bugs

I've treated my display tank in the past with no issues and that would probably be best for your application. That way you know you've treated thoroughly.
  9. B

Leaking Pipe

Well crap! I looked under the tank and the return line had a drip right in the middle! Which is really frustrating because it's been running for over a month with no issues. After cutting it out it seems the joint where the flex PVC was glued in was not all the way in and I guess over time...
  10. B

Compression fitting questions

Does anyone know the direction the two small plastic pieces are suppost to face inside a Jaco compression fitting? I pulled out the tubing to my kent float valve and the compression fitting came off. There's two little plastic pieces in the fitting and I'm not sure which direction they need to...
  11. B

Bulk Reef Supply DI Resin

Has anyone had any issues with BRS DI resin getting used up in a short time? I bought the color changing resin and installed in on Jan 31 and have ran about 200 gallons to setup my new tank. Well today when I went to do a water change I noticed the water coming out of the unit is reading 1 TDS...
  12. B

Moonlight/Lunar lighting

Curious what's everyone using for moonlights? I've seen the neptune and icecap units online and have been debating what to buy, so I thought I would see what oher people have on their tanks.
  13. B

Plumbing frustrations

Alright I've tried to figure this out and it's just not working out right. My goal was to create a quiet setup and just do some simple plumbing and it's turned into a huge frustration. 1st problem: I'm using a new ATB Flow Star 1500 and seems to be a really good pump, but I think it's to...
  14. B

That's a huge LPS

Doing some equipment research and I ran across this pic using google... What kind of LPS is that? alt="">
  15. B

Who has Sympodium?

Oh man sweet a new soft coral! You know I'm in on this one!
  16. B

Bulkheads

Does anyone out there use the sch80 bulkheads? I read Marc's article (reefaddicts) and he's only using the standard bulkhead, but I have some concerns because mine will be concealed and I wouldn't notice if they were leaking right away...
  17. B

Where to find material for tank background?

Does anyone know where to find the tank background material in North Dallas? I've found the terms corrugated plastic and coroplast in the forum search, but not sure if it's the same thing. Thanks for the help.
  18. B

blide - 150g of Inwall Entertainment

Well it's official I've started the inwall tank project! I bought a 150g AGA tank and started demolition! I've been narrowing down the details for the last month and I finally have a bigger tank! My plan for the setup is a mixed reef, but for certain I'm going with lots of soft coral. I want...
  19. B

Jungle Pellets

Has anyone tried these for treatment of fish parasites? I've read it's hard to get fish to eat the pellets, but they med's don't really effect corals in a reef tank. alt="">
  20. B

Does anyone have these zoa's?

A couple of years ago a past member (Bluetort) gave me some zoa's and I'm trying to see if there's another colony in the DFW area. I don't know the name of them, but here's an old pic. Let me know if you know the name or have some of these... [smilie=smile.gif] alt="">