Search results

1. B

Identification

20160313_105621.jpg Can anyone tell me what this is? It is spreading all over my rock work. What is best way to remove? Thanks in advance. Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
  2. B

leak...

have a 90g bowfront with return and drain holes in back L corner. The return is leaking under the tank. the aquarium had been up and running for 2+ years, and I caused something to loosen while cleaning the pump. Do we have any plumbing experts in or around denton/aubrey that would be willing...
  3. B

Banggai male not eating

I have noticed that the last 4 days one of my banggai has not been eating. He is normally a voracious eater, so I am guessing that he is carrying eggs. He opens his mouth very slightly, but not enough for me to see into it. I hope it is because he is holding eggs and not due to any other...
  4. B

bending sheet metal?

Anyone know where I could take a sheet of aluminum to have 2 90 degree bends in it? I am using it to build a new hood for my lights. I didn't know if there was a place that offered this service. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Brian
  5. B

My moment of laziness/stupidity

So a little background. I have a 90g bowfront with sps, zoas, fish, and the regular clean up crew. I have only had the sps in since the first of the year, so I have become much more inclined to check my calcium, mag, alk, and phos.( a little side note: i keep the results in a small book, so I...
  6. B

DIY LED questions

I am checking to see if we have any led savvy people. I have a DIY from steves leds that I have been running for about a year or so. It is hooked up to my apex. My problem is that about 4 months ago I had an issue with the power supply(it quit working). I ordered a new one and replaced the...
  7. B

DIY LED lets see your set up

Well I put together a DIY LED kit from stevesleds. I like the lights, but I do not like the box I made for them. If you have put together a DIY please feel free to post pictures. I really want to change my "box", but am not feeling real imaginative right now. Imagine a 48"x14"x10" black box...
  8. B

electricity in tank

Got a quick question, what is the best way to tell if I have electricity leaking into tank from one of the underwater pumps? You will have to excuse my choice of wording because "leaking" is probably not the best choice. I had a small cut on my finger sunday and noticed a "bite" in that area...
  9. B

To Apex users

My apex has been connected to internet since I bought it. Now I am getting a message that my computer is not able to connect to the page. BTW I am not near computer savvy enough to set up my router for port forwarding. I have tried reading the unofficial guide and it looks like ancient...
  10. B

Fish in overflow

Have a bowfront with back corner overflow with return and durso(spelling). I bought a lawn mower blenny yesterday. Today I got home from work and he was no where to be found. I checked in and around the tank, looked in most rock crevices, and finally in the overflow. Well that is exactly...
  11. B

Feed mode on apex

Hey everyone, On feed mode I have all my pumps set to turn off. It is on a 5 minute off cycle then pumps come back on. Once the pumps come back on(this includes my return pump) a lot of floating debris comes back with it(looks like old mysis etc) I am curious if this will cause my nitrate...
  12. B

Quick apex question

I want to run my fuge light 24hrs, but I also want to use my temp gauge to turn off the light if it gets above 82 degrees, how can I add the time into the outlet probe with these parameters? i.e. on time_____, off time______. I already have the temp gauge as the off if above 82. Thanks in...
  13. B

Problems with my CUC

I have recently(numerous times) added a few snails/hermits, etc. to my tank. I have been acclimating them and have noticed only 30-40% have survived. I checked water parameters and they are where they need to be... Nitrates are slightly high b/w 5-10ppm. I also just bought a big clean up crew...
  14. B

cloudy water

Hey everyone, just added a reactor with biopellets to my sump. Did this tuesday night, due to fighting with nitrates. Friday evening I come home to a very cloudy tank. I went through and cleaned my mechanical filters(sponge filter/activated carbon), but it made minimal changes in cloudiness...
  15. B

Par meter

OK guys, just wondering where to get a cheap but decent par meter? I have a DIY LED fixture and am wanting to keep sps. I want to know if I am getting enough light in certain areas of the tank. I have about 7 small frags right now and they are not looking good. I have checked all parameters...
  16. B

yellow tang and naso

I have a quick question. I have read that keeping 2 tangs is a bad idea due to the fact that they may fight/kill one or the other. Is that true for different type of tangs(say a yellow and a Naso) or is it for the same species(2 yellow tangs)?
  17. B

eshopps advanced 200 sump

Anyone set up one of these fuge/sump. I had to set mine up kind of weird. There is a small reservoir 4x4(back left corner) that I think is for drain from tank. It has 2 holes that feed into two different sections, one section is 14Lx10w(front and L). the other is 17.5Lx4.5w(back and center)...
  18. B

apex/ stevesled question

Guys I have a stevesled retro kit on my tank. 21 royal blue 3w leds, and 21 neutral white 3w leds. I have a dimmer switch for each set(white and blue). They are currently plugged into my apex controller. When the lights come on they are set at a preset intensity(what I thought looked best)...
  19. B

AC apex jr question

OK guys looking into a controller for my 90g aquarium. I have been looking at the apex and apex jr. I will probably go with the jr for now due to price. I will be plugging my led light system and fan into it. Will there be any problem with this set up? I can give more info if it is needed...
  20. B

Hey all. New to the forum

Hey all I am new to the forum. Have been curious if there was a north texas club, and I finally found it. I have a 55g tank with HOB refugium that has been up and running for 5 yrs. I currently have fish and corals in tank, but am currently having an aiptasia outbreak, so am currently trying...