AC apex jr question

bwig333

Premium Member
OK guys looking into a controller for my 90g aquarium. I have been looking at the apex and apex jr. I will probably go with the jr for now due to price. I will be plugging my led light system and fan into it. Will there be any problem with this set up? I can give more info if it is needed. Thanks in advance.

Brian

What kind of LED fixture do you have? Does it have a controllable dimming function? If so, you might have to add on the neptune VDM with the Jr.

If it is 0-12v led I would look into getting full apex.

Couple things to consider do you want notification if power goes out jr can't send you a notice. Do you want to know orp or in future want to run a ca reactor you will want a full apex as it can run 2 ph probes or a ph and orp probe.

Also if you ever want to run float switches or water sensor or anything that has to deal with a breakout box the apex jr is not able to run them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the response guys. I am running one of stevesleds retrofit kits that I put together. It does have 2 dimmer switches. I haven't really decided on what all I want to run off of the controller. Currently I do not have ATO, calcium reactor, or any other automatic doser. That is a good question on the power notification. Can you add anything to the jr? (if I buy it now and then decide to upgrade/add anything later).

Thanks again guys

You can expand the Jr somewhat, via the aquabus connector. Thing is, it doesn't take too many add-on modules to come close to the price of the full apex. And there are some things (like the notifications) that the Jr can never do.

You could just get the apex base unit and EB-8, if you want to save some cash, then add on the display down the road as funds allow.