Hey all. New to the forum

bwig333

Premium Member
Hey all I am new to the forum. Have been curious if there was a north texas club, and I finally found it. I have a 55g tank with HOB refugium that has been up and running for 5 yrs. I currently have fish and corals in tank, but am currently having an aiptasia outbreak, so am currently trying to get it under control before adding any other coral. Anyways, just giving a little info about my tank. Also I have read some great info on the forums, so I think this will only help me in my attempt to keep my reef up and running.

Glad to have you here. We've all been there with either an aptasia breakout or sometype of outbreak. If there's any specific questions you have, feel free to ask.

thanks.. I am contemplating getting a copper band butterfly and 2-3 peppermint shrimp. Any ideas on the best place to get these from. Whether it is on-line or at a local store. Thanks in advance for the advice

thanks for the link. I use DNA alot due to the fact that they are relatively close. I was just curious if you guys knew places that had better deals. I will check out a few different stores tomorrow. Thanks again guys

Have used aiptasia x with limited success. I probably have 200-300 of these things in tank. peppermint shrimp have been ineffective got three but have only seen one of them since putting in tank. Next step in copperband butterfly, unless any better suggestions. They are getting real close to blue green mushroom and ricordia, hopefully I can get them under control before it gets worse.

welcome to the forum, aptasias can be a pain...but in my 90 gallon tank once i had them under control 2 peppermints kept them under control. also, u rarely see those guys, ive gone weeks without seeing them before. good luck!

Welcome, I'm not too far from you, I'm sure. So If I ever need any heavy lifting I know who to contact. [smilie=lol.gif] I got a PM from someone that said they could get peppermint shrimp pretty cheap but haven't heard back from him this week yet.

Wes.. thanks for the reply. its eases my mind a little to hear that your shrimp keep them under control. Hopefully mine will also.

FX...not a prob man, you ever need help lifting just holler...I know a few others that I can drag along if it is really big. thanks for the post