To Apex users

bwig333

Premium Member
My apex has been connected to internet since I bought it. Now I am getting a message that my computer is not able to connect to the page. BTW I am not near computer savvy enough to set up my router for port forwarding. I have tried reading the unofficial guide and it looks like ancient hieroglyphics to me. Any help is appreciated

@mikebow16 wrote:
Can you get to the page by typing apex in your browser Mike said:
that will only work when using Internet Explorer, and only if they haven't the port number I believe. I know I have to type in the correct IP Address when using my mac, but i also changed the port number on mine because port 80 is a highly used port for many wifi electronics.

Have you changed the login information, I did at one point and couldnt remember what it was at one point so I had to contact Apex for a software download that would force a reset.

Yes provided he has not changed the host name, typing apex in the browser window should get him there.

I suspect that the dhcp is on and the IP address is jumping around.

Mike

Agreed....you may want to try using a DynDNS updater. http://download.cnet.com/DynDNS-Updater/3000-2381_4-10405775.html

Cheers,

I tried the easy fix... Reset the controller and now I have full access again via computer and phone. Thanks for the advice guys. I still have to figure out how to set up so I can check from my phone away from home.