Search results

1. C

Interceptor - anyone w/ extra or source?

Hi, does anyone have extra Interceptor or a source where I can get this soon? (treating 300g or at least a dip tank) My vet said months ago they'd help me w/ any issue w/ my tank if needed... well today they changed their mind ("liability") =( Thanks for any help!
  2. C

Georgia's Atlantis Aquarium - Moorish Idol care

I was curious about the idols at the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta and this is what they sent me... nice little read =) A few notes about the Moorish Idols that you saw in the Tropical Diver Reef exhibit. This exhibit is a well established ecosystem within 164,000 gallons of salt water . These...
  3. C

New addition... beauty huh? =)

Living in Richardson I always heard about The True Percula but never got the nerve to drive all the way out there. Well, this past weekend I did and look at this beauty! Some call her a Hybrid black/scopas tang but I'm going to go with "Black Scopas"... she looks almost like a Gem Tang =) (no...
  4. C

What livestock options make your LFS 10/10?

What livestock options make your LFS 10/10 and make you come back for more? I’d like to flow this feedback to some LFS’s to help them improve their business AND get hobbyists what they’re looking for. Tons of frag options? Lps options? SPS options? SPS frags options? Huge ORA options? Types of...
  5. C

Sick fish - what are these????

I've described this b4 on RC with no replies. The tank has had Cuppramin AND Prazipro in it. 3 LFS's had no clue... so I added the fish (tang) into the display tank as they didn't appear to bother him and were small (everyone said they were scratches). He is doing fine. NOW, I add a Powder Blue...
  6. C

Rod's Food - anyone use?

Anyone use Rod's Food? I hear it's great stuff and he has amazingly colorful clowns (better than ORA or SA clowns in my opinion) http://www.rodsfood.com/info_ingredients.html problem - it's a bit expensive.
  7. C

Baby clowns - what to feed?

Just got 4 of Rod's Reef clowns in =) 1 is pretty small... anyone know offhand what to feed the smaller guy so I don't have to do an hour of research initially? They all came in smaller than the last one I ordered so I got caught a little unprepared this time =( thanks!
  8. C

How does Prime/Amquel work?

So say something is decaying. These products "remove" ammonia... what does that mean exactly? Will whatever that's decaying still decay? will the "removed" ammonia return as nitrite at some point? edit: wow, my tap water is LOADED with ammonia right now. wow... Thanks in advance!
  9. C

AC3 - I'm a noob, anyone want $ to help set up?

Help! I can't even get past the first page on the AC3 setup instructions. Anyone able to assist? I can trade frags, a 10lb CO2 tank or $$ for assistance. I need help setting it up, once it's up I can/should be able to do the rest. Right now, I type ipconfig and the command window appears for...
  10. C

Where's the fragswap info/thread?

Hi, can someone help me find the fragswap thread if there is one? I'm looking for coralline algae scrappings to seed my tank =) worst case, I'll just post in the WTB forum. Thanks!
  11. C

Chrissreef's - 280 A.G.E. Treasure Chest (60x36x30)

Hi all, I posted this on RC but I'd like to keep a log here as well. For those that don't know me... I was a DFWMAS member '96-99 and recently returned to Dallas =) I have to say in advance that I apologize for not attending many meetings - things have been hectic, that's my only sad excuse =(...
  12. C

Chrissreef's - 280 A.G.E. Treasure Chest (60x36x30)

Hi all, I posted this on RC but I'd like to keep a log here as well. For those that don't know me... I was a DFWMAS member '96-99 and recently returned to Dallas =) I have to say in advance that I apologize for not attending many meetings - things have been hectic, that's my only sad excuse =(...
  13. C

*check your RO water*

friendly reminder... during many season changes, a lot of cities have ammonia in their water (not the greatest thing to add during a water change). I checked the Dallas city water the other day and OMG sooo much ammonia! Amquel and other water conditioners will remove it. good luck!
  14. C

What are you most proud of about your tank?

Did you rescue a coral? do you have 12" of growth on that rare SPS? Maybe you raise clownfish or developed a unique on your tank? Just curious what others are most proud of? For me? For my current tank that's still dry/emptry... I'm "most" proud about twisting my own arm and getting an AC3...
  15. C

I GOT MY TANK! wrong size stand =(

So it seems my Cinderella story has a hiccup... 2 months of waiting for my custom Starfire tank to arrive =) and the stand is too small. It's 30" wide instead of 36" and the canopy is 63" ilong nstead of 60" =( Instead of getting all my plumbing today on my PTO, it looks like I'll be heading to...
  16. C

CO2 tank thread?

Hi, I can't seem to find that thread that listed all the CO2 tank/refill suppliers? I think it listed about 8. I figured I'd start there rather than open the phonebook. I know there are other options - but I want to find a 20# food grade tank. Thanks if anyone knows where that thread is! =)
  17. C

When you first see someone's aquarium, what do you...

what do you notice first? the fish? corals? equipment? stand? silicone? rockwork? Just curious what "fashionable" things people notice first generally. I know when we look at a cool car or an attractive man/woman we each gravitate toward something first. So what's your obsession?
  18. C

RO and auto-topoff question

Would it negatively impact the RO/DI unit/membranes by having the float valve directly in the sump (constant on/off) or would it be better to have a resevoir to which I would take water from every day to top off with (i.e. the unit would run continously to replenish the 5 gallons I scoop out)...
  19. C

Overflow - which would you choose?

280g ~1500 gph EACH overflow For the overflow... Would you choose 1.5" slits in the TOP tank option or 1" slits in BOTTOM tank option? (I'm assuming these are enough for 1500 - PLEASE let me know if you don't think so. I don't have a tank set up right now to "test" these) Thanks! alt="">
  20. C

Tunze owners - question?

Do you run your 6100 or 6200 at 100%? My tank will be 60" long and I was thinking of using 6055's (2 each side) on 7095 controller because the 61xx seem so bulky - and I'm not sure if 3000gph is too much anyway. My tank will be mixed reef sps/lps with an intentional shallow sand bed in the...