Sick fish - what are these????

I've described this b4 on RC with no replies. The tank has had Cuppramin AND Prazipro in it. 3 LFS's had no clue... so I added the fish (tang) into the display tank as they didn't appear to bother him and were small (everyone said they were scratches). He is doing fine.

NOW, I add a Powder Blue Tang and Tomini tang into the same 55QT and pump the Cupramin up to 6.0... 2.5 weeks later and...

PBT now he has the same "thing" on his eyes, except they are MUCH larger than the fish I added to the display tank. The "tail" end doesn't appear to move based on the direction the fish is swimming. It is white/gray/clear looking.

Tomini has cloudy eyes and a few of these "things" appearing on his body (they could be something different - they are "white/clear in color and move based on the direction the fish is moving which is different than the PBT). He came from another reefer's display tank.

What is this or how do I get rid of them?? Thanks!

eye.jpg
alt="">

Chris,

You really need to post a pic of the fish if you want to have a reasonable chance at diagnosis. I really hope you mean 0.6 mg/L(=ppm)and not 6.0mg/L (=ppm). If things are getting worse I would stop. I really hope you are at the right level and also not running UV during your treatment. :) :)

Cheers,

I'm assuming that is a drawing of the eye itself?? My guess would be a parasite of some sort. There are copepods and isopods that attach to the eyes of fish and saltwater mammals that suck the juice out. Shark Week is good for something!

If its a copepod and the fish is in QT you might try something like Interceptor as thats a known killer of pods and the like and harmless to fish.

Prazipro should have nailed any parasitic worms, as well as the Cupramine. Heck the Cupramine should have killed just about anything.

Is it small and round.. Cirolanid???

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-02/bp/index.php

That's why I'm confused... I figured Cupramin and Prazi would have gotten in.

No UV
.6 =)

I'll try to get a pic with my crappy point/shoot camera... but he swims so darn fast =/

Another angle

eye-1.jpg
alt="">

Did a FW dip... seems to have stressed the Tomini out a lot... a lot fell off in the water, but a lot is still on including the ones on the eyes. I hope the Tomini pulls through, I'm really curious on what this is though since Cupramin isn't doing anything. hmmm

tangs.jpg
alt="">