Overflow - which would you choose?

280g
~1500 gph EACH overflow

For the overflow...
Would you choose 1.5" slits in the TOP tank option or 1" slits in BOTTOM tank option?

(I'm assuming these are enough for 1500 - PLEASE let me know if you don't think so. I don't have a tank set up right now to "test" these)

Thanks!
alt="">

You can always make the bigger ones smaller witha valve after you get it up and going......

it is hard to get the pipe stretcher in there after it up…

Just a thought…

not really, if you have that much flow going through your sump you will more than likely have micro bubbles...i have a 210 with 2 overflows rated at 600 each...even then i dont even want to use them both for overflow. you want to get flow from a different source than you overflows unless it is a closed loop and not going to your sump in which case you may want to do it differently anyways.

For some reason, many larger reef tanks made by Oceanic have 1" drains and 3/4" returns.

We prefer to have 1.5" drains and 1" returns. Not so much for the ability to flow more water through them, but to assure we won't exceed them nor clog them.

You want option #2 because there is more linear surface skimming on the larger boxes. That helps keep the surface clean of any scum.