Recent content by ChuKronos

1. C

How to Acclimate to MH's

I have 2 250w reeflux 12K's in the new Luminarc minis. How should I acclimate my tank to the new lighting? My previous set up was a 6 x 54w bulb T5 set up with individual reflectors. I don't want to burn my SPS at the top of the tank. -Chuck
  2. C

This is when you know you have an algae problem!

I haven't been good about water changes - 3+months!! :shock: :shock: I barely feed though. Anywho, I saw this today and decided I need to finally clean up my tank. alt=""> Notice the hair algae, AND the bubble algae. Keep in mind, I have 12 emerald crabs in my tank to control bubble algae...
  3. C

New Luminarc Minis - Finally came in!!

Through the help of a fellow member here (Thanks Robert!), I ordered some luminarc mini's in June. I was told that the wholeseller was waiting to get the new ones in. Supposedly, the new reflectors had a new design and were 16% more reflective than the older model. The new reflectors are round...
  4. C

Fish that eats xenia and anthelia?

I need a fish to eat xenia and anthelia. If it had to munch on other soft corals, that would be a price I am willing to pay. Anyone know of one? -Chuck
  5. C

buying a big tank?

You wouldn't need all of the pvc that they have. What are they asking for it? What condition is the inside of the stand? -Chuck
  6. C

Gulf Dead Zone is 3rd Largest

Here is a link to a dead zone in the gulf of Mexico. <u>FROM CNN.COM</u>
  7. C

When to dose 2 part?

If I am running 2 part solution, when do I dose it? Do I have both parts drip slowly throughout the day? Or, DO I just set them to a 2-3 hour slow drip at night/morning? I am wanting to automate it, so I can time it and time the amount that gets put it via an air pump and drip valve. Thanks...
  8. C

Benefit to Serial Port on Controller

I am needing to get a controller. I would like to keep it as cheap as possible. I have the option of getting one with a serial port. But, it will be 10% less to get it without the serial port. My wife thinks it is unnecessary and doesn't want our old CPU out by the tank. Is there any real...
  9. C

Idea for a remote refugium

I have a small fuge. It is only a 4-5 gallon section of my 20g long sump. When I watch the water enter the fuge from the skimmer section, it seems to go through the macro pretty well. But, I got to thinking. (uh, oh) Water, like nearly every thing else will take the path of least resistance...
  10. C

Using chemi-clean. Is it too early to dose again?

I have a 90g tank and 20g fuge/sump. At 8PM Friday night I put 8 level scoops of Chemi-clean in my display tank. (after mixing it with a cup of RO water) It has barely touched the cyano. Is it too early to go ahead and dose again. The instructions say to wait 48 hours, but with 8 hours to go...
  11. C

Any suggestions for an Inexpensive Calcium Reactor?

As the title states, I am looking to see if anyone suggests an inexpensive calcium reactor. -Chuck
  12. C

Total Newb question about MH

I saw this on ebay: HERE If you put in a proper bulb would you be able to use it over a reef aquarium? I like my T5's, so I won't be replacing my lights, but I thought these might be good for a future larger tank. -Chuck
  13. C

Cut off My MJ Spout...

I just did this Mod: HERE Now that I have sps, I needed the flow. Wow! [(you must say this next part like Forrest Gump)] That is all I have to say about that. How close can I put the powerhead to my SPS? In order to get the highest flow, my sps are in a direct line from the powerheads. -Chuck
  14. C

Red Bugs, now what?

When I acclimated my corals tonight, I checked all of them for red bugs, except the last one. :x I guess I figured it was ok since the others were fine. It was from a different seller, so there wasn't any logic in that thought process. Anywho, it is loaded with bed bugs. I pulled it out of my...
  15. C

I saw a BioCube last night.

I just saw a BioCube at DNA last night. It was 29g! I really liked it. The extra 5 gallons make it seem pretty large. I have never heard of it before. I guess it is made by Oceanic. You guys know much about them? i may have to get one. -Chuck