Search results

1. N

My Clowns Laid Eggs!

Came home tonight to see that my clowns had laid eggs!! alt="">
  2. N

To WXM or not to...

For those of you with experience with this module could you please comment on If you feel it is a good investment or just another toy to add to the Neptune line. If you had it to do over again would you buy it again
  3. N

Reefbreeders Fuge LED

http://reefbreeders.com/fuge-lite_leds.html Has anyone tried this light? In the research I have been doing regarding spectrum it appears that the red/blue spectrum is more effective in the plant growth world and I am tempter to try this light or build a similar one. Looking to get some experience.
  4. N

What is your lighting setup? (Post a FTS)

2x175w Phoenix 14K Mogul bulbs in lumenbrite reflectors with 24 Cree XT-E LEDs for actinics alt="">
  5. N

My LED Analysis Post MACNA 2012

**DISCLAIMER** Outside of the graphs this is not a entirely scientific analysis. The images are all copyright Sanjay Joshi and Advanced Aquarist. This is merely my interpretation/opinion based on Sanjay's talk at MACNA along with our conversation since MACNA. Let me state that I have lit 5 tanks...
  6. N

New LED Company Launching at MACNA

I havent seen anything about this on here yet, but just ran across it on Facebook and thought I would share. I looks promising!! http://www.buildmyled.com/
  7. N

Calcium Reactor or Dosing Pumps

Im having a hard time trying to decide which option is going to best help my tank thrive along with not break the bank. I just got all my parameters exactly where I want them and am planing to wait week testing daily to determine how much alk/cal/mag my tank is using. I have purchased a couple...
  8. N

MP40 for my 60g tank??

I have been looking at upgrading the powerheads in my tank (36x20x20) to achieve more/better flow. My first considerations were 2xMP10s or 2xTunze 6055. I had decided on the 6055 as they can be controlled with my Apex along with the fact that I dont want to have to upgrade any equipment except...
  9. N

Float switches for ATO

It sounds like my current ATO setup isnt going to work with me dosing Kalkwasser so I am looking for another route. I am considering a dual float switch system controlled through a breakout box with my Apex. What I am curious about is the difference between these 2 switches. I need it to be...
  10. N

PH Spikes from Kalkwasser in ATO

Ok I am attempting to raise the PH in my tank from 7.8 to 8.0+ using Kalkwasser in my ATO. After reading what Randy Holmes-Farley has written regarding it I chose to add 1 tsp per gallon as opposed to 2 tsp to check the results first. This is being added to a 5g jug used for top off (so 5 tsp...
  11. N

Adding Supplements to LumenBrights

Here is my dilemma...I have 2 LumenBright Minis 16" in diameter, my tank is only 20" wide so T5s wont work and the pendants are mounted more towards the front of the tank. I am wanting to add some LED supplements and am having trouble trying to figure out how to mount them. As the picture below...
  12. N

MH Ballast Decision

I am trying to decide between 2 ballasts and would love some input. Thanks in advance! Luxcore Dimmable http://www.saltysupply.com/Luxcore-150w-DE-175-SE-250-SE-watt-Ballast-120VAC-p/cv1225.htm Lumatek Dimmable...
  13. N

Spot ID

I have recently noticed these little red spots on my leather and elegance. I am not sure if they are something I should be concerned with. My elegance seems to be a little upset, but my leather seems fine. Should I be concerned? uploadfromtaptalk1340588552199.jpg Sent from my HTC Glacier using...
  14. N

Another lighting Thread!!

I know everyone is probably tired of answering these but I am really stumped so I need some help! I have a 60g tank dimensions 36x20x20. Currently I am running a 36 LED fixture using 3w crees. The fixture was built by Joe(CaravanShaka) and worked well on my solana but I am not sure if its enough...
  15. N

Skimmer Advice

My DAS skimmer pump died on me yesterday and a new one is $120 so I figured I might as well just upgrade! I have a newly setup 60g (36x20x20) with a 20L sump. Skimmer section is 12x8-8.5. I am considering the following and was wondering if anyone had any opinions or experiences. There are...
  16. N

New tang in my pico!!!!

alt=""> What do you guys think?! Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
  17. N

Feeding Idea/Question

I have been doing alot of reading lately on the different foods needed for different corals etc, and I had this idea: What if I took the following foods for example stuck them all in a blender then poured the result into like an ice cube tray and froze it. Then each day pull a cube, thaw...
  18. N

ATO Pump

I am going to be changing the ATO setup on my solana and will need the pump to push water from a 5g jug through a line about 5-6 feet long. Any suggestions on a pump since an aqualifter wont do the job.
  19. N

NiteOwls 34g + Emily's 34g!!

Well after trying to exit the hobby, I was convinced by some members to stay. A deal with Kar2oons was proposed that I couldnt refuse and so here I am with a 34g Solana and a 34g TBD tank. The solana was originally put together by CaravanShaka then sold to Kar2oons. Joe did a GREAT job on the...
  20. N

Considering a marine "planted" tank

My wife is breaking down her FW planted tank and I cant just let a perfectly good aquarium go to waste!!! She likes the idea of the planted tank and im not oposed to the idea totally either. While I was supposed to be working today I started trying to find someone who had done something similar...