Search results

1. R

Coral Mounting Magnets

Has anyone ever though about using magnets to mount coral to rocks. I mean its kind of a pain if you have to move a coral and attach it to another spot. What if you had several magnets positions in different location on your rock structure. Then if you need to move one of your corals, you could...
  2. R

Disappearing fish ???

OK about a 2 week ago I bought 3 blue green chromis. Little small guys. They did great for about a week and then one day I noticed that two where missing. Left me with one chromis. I said OK, maybe they died and snails and crabs took care of them. I then bought two more blue green chromis...
  3. R

Live Rock other then in the display tank.

Let say my next tank is a large cube tank. Something like 30x30x16. That would be some where like 70 gallons. If I did not want to put 70+ pound of live rock in the display tank could I put the rest of the live rock in connected tank and if so would that tank need to be lighted?
  4. R

RO Waste Water?

What can this be used for?
  5. R

Mounting frags to rocks?

I have a frag of Favia, should I remove it from the frag disk and mount it directly onto the rock or will it be ok to just mount the disk to the rock.
  6. R

GSM Clown has lost his mind!

Yesterday I saw a baby mushoom in the tank and I wanted to remove it before it multiplied. So I had to remove some rock to ge to it. Then while place the rocks back in thier places, my clown was attacking me! He bit me about 15 times. Lucky he is too small to bite hard. Then today i was glueing...
  7. R

Plate Coral? Does this look right?

I bought a plate coral and I am not sure if this looks normal or not. I never see much change in its apperance. It never "expands" or has tentacles, just those bumps. I know its a short tentacle but are they that short? Looks like all skeleton and not much flesh to me. alt="">
  8. R

I want a new fish, but which one?

I have a 37 gallon reef with LPS and Zoas. I have one fish a marroon/gold clown. I am just curious, what fish I can get that will get along with the clown? I was think about these but feel free to suggest something else. Blue Green Chromis ? Coral Beauty?
  9. R

Help with light schedule.

I have a Current SUNPOD with 150w HQI, 6 Blue LED, and 6 White LED. I currently have the HQI running from 8am to 8pm and I run the BLUE LED run 24 hours a day. I am not using my WHITE LED at this time. I was thinking about have the BLUE LED come on at 6am, then the WHITE LED come on at 7am and...
  10. R

Zoa ID Please?

Any one know what these are called. I have 5 frags with each frag having about 8 heads each, some bigger and some smaller. This was my first attempt to frag anything so I hope they turn out ok. Will post in the "for sale" section later, IF they make it, that is. Sorry the picture came out...
  11. R

My Small Reef.

I don't think I have every post a picture of my tank and if I did it was years ago when I first started. Here is as of this morning. It was up for about 4 years before I decided to tear it down and start over. I really like how the rock formation turned out. I know it looks like a solid mountain...
  12. R

Molted or dead

I added a coral banded shrimp a few days ago and he was out and about until this morning. I have not seen him all day, and then I saw a bunch of snails and crabs eating what looked to be the shrimp. I'm just wondering now, if it was the shrimp or was it it molted.
  13. R

Stupid mistake cost me my corals!

I had set up a 10 gallon temp tank to hold my coral and my one fish while I reset up my main tank. Well to make a long story short, my fan on my Sunpod went out so I was running a small fan duing the day to keep the light and tank cool while I waited on the replacement fan to arrive. The tank...
  14. R

My temp holding tank.

Here is a look at my 10 gallon temp tank. I should have the main tank up and running again in a few weeks. alt=""> My Frogspawn. Was one piece but it split into during removal. alt=""> My Hammer, again was one large piece now in serveral pieces. alt=""> My only fish. A Maroon/gold...
  15. R

Killing live rock loaded with mushrooms ???

OK I been fighting a mushroom tank take over more more then a year now. I am sick of pulling mushrooms for trade or trash. I just wanted them gone. Soooo I set up a 10 gallon temp tank and move my coral and my one clown fish. Everything is look good. Although my huge hammer (20+ head) is now...
  16. R

New lights, now what corals can I keep?

I change my lihgts in my 37 gallon tank from a Current Orbit system that used 2x65W (1-Dual Daylight, 1-Dual Actinic) to a Current Sunpod that uses 1x150W 14000K PowerPaq HQI Lamp. I mainly keep LPS, mushrooms, Zoos, etc - but since the light change, what can I keep now? Clams, SPS, etc???
  17. R

Frogspawn Problem

I have had server large "heads" fall of my frogspawn. Is there anything I can fo with them. I tried to glue one to a small rock but it did not hold. They just settled to the bottem and the still "inflate" like norml, but they just aren't attached. Any idea? I think the underlining problem is...
  18. R

Killing Mushrooms ???

How can I kill mushrooms in my tank. I started with a few but now I have a ton. They are speading all over the place.
  19. R

What he heck is it!!!!

I found this a few weeks ago just setting on one of my rocks. I didn't think much about it, just though it was something incrusted in the rock. Until the other day I noticed it had moved! I tried to poke it with a stick but it would never move. So once again, I thought it may have just been my...
  20. R

Hammer Coral?

I have a 6-7 head hammer coral, its a little bigger then a softball. I noticed one of the heads, well I guess you can say died because all that is there is the skeleton. Do I need to cut it off or just leave it? It doesn't affect the look of the coral becuase with all the other heads fully...