I want a new fish, but which one?

I have a 37 gallon reef with LPS and Zoas. I have one fish a marroon/gold clown.

I am just curious, what fish I can get that will get along with the clown?

I was think about these but feel free to suggest something else.

Blue Green Chromis ?
Coral Beauty?

The chromis are cool fish, i have 3 in my 90 and maria just loves them. The coral beauty is nice, but is a possible nipper. I had one and it liked my zoas.

My maroon is a nice friendly fish. I have firefish, several gobies and smaller hawkfish in my 34 gallon solana along with the maroon.

six line wrasses are cool. I have one as my only fish in my 46 gallon and he is very active and cool looking.

and what i was refferign to is how the maroon clowns get protective of there anenome. They attack anything that comes close to it. My friends maroon clown used to attack the glass scrapper!

My maroons don't have a nem and they attack everything. They will try and know over any new coral I put on their side of the tank. They will also attack my hand when I'm doing maintenance.

I have had my six line for a a coupel weeks and every time I go near the front of the tank he comes out and raises his dorsal fin and looks at me and the top of the tank. Its pretty funny to watch. I guess he is getting excited about food.

@Matt wrote:
I must have lucked out. I can feed mine directly out of my hand. :lol: said:
Me too! My maroon has a nem and in a different tank, the female false perc is much meaner about guarding her home. I have pretty docile fish too, purple firefish, geo pygmy hawkfish with the maroon...

Six-Line / Four-Line wrasses have always been more aggressive in my experience.

@Opus wrote:
My maroons don't have a nem and they attack everything. They will try and know over any new coral I put on their side of the tank. They will also attack my hand when I'm doing maintenance. said:
Ditto that.

My pair got moved to the FOWLR tank and they even take on triggers when they get too close to nem.

If you want some pretty fish, but can put a cover like eggcrate or something, the velvet or flasher wrasses are very pretty fish. A mystery is nice too, though pricey.

I had a midas blenny and really liked him. I was thinking of a cool colorful wrasse (christmas, fairy...etc.) but I can't comment on the compatability aspects.

With a smaller tank containing lps and zoas I agree that any Centropyge angels like a Coral Beauty would be a bad choice. Just not worth the risk, unless you don't mind tearing your tank down to get it back out if it starts nipping. I would say that a six/four line wrasse, flame hawk, or some type of Pseudochromis dottyback would be a really good choice.

How about a Blue Green Chromis? I really want something that swims around. My clown only stays close the his Nem and does not really move around the tank much. Then maybe something like a blenny that stay near the bottom or around the rocks.

Our chromis do swim all over the tank. They have their spot that they run to when startled but 90% of the time, they're out and about.